Originally posted by mgonzo
This is a great forum and I'm so glad I came across it. I just started using a 270 and am very pleased with it so far. My only concern was the SMS feature because i'm used to the routine of storing the important messages from my Nokia celphone to my laptop thru IR everyday - I also manage messages by sending and receiving SMS with my laptop while its connected to the phone. Is this convenience possible with the 270?

Btw, I tried Maxtext for Treo and I havent been able to get it to work. At the point of "getting inbox", after a few seconds a "fatal alert" message appears and it has to reset. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but the same thing happens. Can this be because my inbox presently has a lot of messages or is something wrong with my unit? Anyone have similar experiences?
I'm pretty sure it has to do with some message in your inbox. If you delete all inbox messages it would work. I know because I had been using Maxtext with no problems until one day it had exactly the same problem you have now. I didn't bother to delete my inbox messages yet, because I delete after several months, and by the time the offending message is old enough to be deleted, there may be an upgraded version of maxtext. By the way, I still can use maxtext to send group sms and all other functions. I just don't change to the inbox window at all.