1.    #1  
    was following a link from another user to a usb sync/charge cable and found this. anybody tried it? for the price, sounds very handy to keep around. a battery backup that works on regular AA batteries.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1942461581
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Wow, that looks pretty nice compared to the odd 9v battery gizmo that I saw reviewed at TreoCentral.

Anyone know if there is a direct store that it can be purchased from?
    Absolutely! Get this! Do not hesitate! My father and I are recent Treo 300 enthusiasts {alright, ADDICTS}, with my stepmother on the bandwagon here shortly...

We ordered many items he had (the guy on eBay, peakcloudy)...

Everything is as stated, high quality, and works excellent with out models. I'm in the field or at school for 12-20 hours a day, and if I can't charge in the car, or via my laptop USB charging cable, I use the 4 AA portable thing--including on/off switch and LED indicator. Charges it like a charm. I use rechargeable AA's so I don't know how long they would last, but I've never killed it.

Get spares too! Now I have AC chargers at home and work, and DC chargers in both cars... and I can't say enough about the USB charging cable...

Nope, I'm not peakcloudy... just one of several very satisfied customers...
  4.    #4  
    thanks. appreciate the enthusiastic input!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    There's something weird about this whole deal. First of all, what is this product, exactly? The ebay page has no description. Second, if this is a viable product, why do I have to buy it on ebay? Isn't there any other reseller?
    Has anyone tried one of these?

http://66.186.210.249/products.html
    Bought one, it gave a charge but a very shallow charge that was discharged very quickly.
    Originally posted by Stevesm
    Bought one, it gave a charge but a very shallow charge that was discharged very quickly.
    Did you use AAs or a 9v?
    this is an AA unit.
    Originally posted by Stevesm
    this is an AA unit.
    were you at least able to get multiple charges from the AAs?
    Since the charge did not last, I gave up.
    I have one of the AAA units for my Treo 300. I have used it only a little bit, to bring my Treo from a super low charge. I can't really comment on it beyond it does exactly what I wanted it to: provide me with an emergency charge when I'm not able to plug into anything. I think it's a great $17 investment until a piggyback battery becomes available.

Geoffrey
  13.    #13  
    that's basically what i am thinking. i wear a hip pack and it would fit in there... heaven forbid i run out of juice as one of my ebay auctions ends...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

I am a little confused. Stevesm, where did you get yours? THe eBay one or the one from Tech Center Labs?

Thanks

Glenn
    I purchased it from eBAY, I do not remember who built it.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks Stevesm