1.    #1  
    Just got a letter from Sprint PCS saying "Although your request was received, we regreat that we are unable to process it because an original or copy of the sales receipt or packing slip was not enclosed".... A complete turn-around from what Sprint PCS customer service was saying before. I bought my Treo off of Ebay and was told that a print-out of my sales receipt was acceptable! The rep transferred me to a whiny ***** who calls herself a customer service supervisor, Sarah or something, and tells me she'll give me the address of the complaint department. Like that would do any good.

Anyone else get one of these refusal letters. Any ideas as to who to call to get this resolved? Thanks...
    t2
    Nothing peeves me more than rebates demanding original receipts. What possible good does that do for them whereas it is a nightmare if you need the recipet for warrenty or other legitimate purposes. I was shocked that (as most computer rebates do) they didn't ask for the UPC symbol instead.

The whole point of the Sprint rebate is that they need to verify that you are still using it (paying the monthly fee)... it's the monthly fee, NOT the price of the phone that is truly being rebated anyway...

Stepping off soap box now.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, it's a cop out to avoid paying the rebate.

I called back and they were coming out with all sorts of excuses. First it was that my print-out from e-bay was not an original receipt. They than switched to saying that I was not a new customer and that my phone number was switched over from a previous plan. I stated that I had read that exceptions were being made and a supervisor later agreed with me saying he had a memo stating it was ok that I was a current customer when I got the plan. He than switched tactics to say that e-bay was not a qualified retailer.

What bull?! We kept going back and forth and I finally asked for a complaint line and what did he do? He hung up on me. I've congradulated SprintPCS for seemingly trying to improve their customer service, before. But you know... I'm back in the camp that saids... "SprintPCS Customer Service means NO SERVICE. They suck!"
    t2
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with you guys.

It's buyer beware, and rebates have always been for original purchases from authorized retailers. Period.

eBay, as much as I like it and use it, is a flea market, and most items are resold by individuals.

Sprint, like other companies, only should pay for rebates once per item, not each time it goes to a "new user".

Your beef is with the eBay seller, who may have misled you.

And as always, if you don't like it, exercise your consumer choice and go to a competitor.

(I agree that Sprint customer service can be an issue, but I've done able a half dozen rebates over the past 5 ears and had no problems.)
    To clarify, I agree that eBay is not a rebate eligible source.

My complaint was the practice of requiring the one and only original copy of the receipt. Original copies are legal proof of sale and companies should respect that consumers would like to keep them for more important reasons like insurance and warranty issues. A copy of the receipt and the actual barcode from the box are an equally valid form of proof IMHO.
    My rebate got all messed up too, I waited about 10 weeks for my check and didnt get anything...so I called up Sprint and they told me my rebate was declined because I recieved instant rebate at the time of purchase.. No I didnt!!! I have the original sales receipt and my credit card statement showing I paid $599.99!!!

I had to fax a copy of the receipt back to sprint...*still waiting*
    somewhat off topic but I was declined a perfectly valid rebate from Home Depot on paint when I did everything as instructed. They claimed it was missing something. Don't shop there anymore but go in periodically to have them mix me a gallon of paint which I won't buy and proceed to leave the store.. Always make sure its a horrid color so they can't sell it.
    You should ask the retailers to print out duplicate receipts. When I bought the Treo from Cingular, they printed out 4 receipts saying I would need the originals for various rebates and offers available. Staples also printed an extra receipt for their mail-in SD card rebate.

Retailers can print as many copies as you'd like. I was able to go back, months later, and get a computer printout of my transaction at Cingular, too. This might have been a possible solution for the eBay purchase...if you can get the seller to make the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    somewhat off topic but I was declined a perfectly valid rebate from Home Depot on paint when I did everything as instructed. They claimed it was missing something. Don't shop there anymore but go in periodically to have them mix me a gallon of paint which I won't buy and proceed to leave the store.. Always make sure its a horrid color so they can't sell it.

Holy Monkey, I had the same problem with HD. Bought 12 Gal of Olympus paint. That with the rebate would have cost the same as their store brand. Never got the rebate. Called the complaint line on the rejection. They said the UPC were missing. No they weren't. She said send the UPC again. How??????????

Anyway, to boot it was thew worst paint I ever used, 4 coat coverage in some spots and that's over a primer that was tinted to the same color.

Result, as said before, go in there and ask for some horrid color to be mixed and "forget" to pick it up.

BTW Walmart paint ROCKS. One coat maybe two and it's done. And $5.00/Gal.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space