Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    For the last couple of weeks all the email that comes in via SBC has the date of DEC31 on it. The date on my Treo 300 is correct and so is the date on my desktop at work. The wireless Sprint rep said he had never heard of this and that a ticket needed to be filed and I would have to be at my desktop to answer the questions. I will not be back in the office until tomorrow so I guess I will get to wait on hold for 20 minutes again! Anyone else had this happen? I know the date is incorrect so I can deal with it but it should not be this way.
    Randy
    The time and date stamp on email messages are set by the sender, or more specifically by the mail server that the sender sends the mail to. It hasn't got anything to do with when you download your mail message, otherwise people that check email once a day or less wouldn't have very interesting timestamps.

This is an SBC problem, and not a Sprint or Treo problem. The poor guys at Sprint are cell phone guys, and don't know the ins and outs of ISP-type tech support. Your request may be at Sprint for a while before they find someone intelegent enough to know that it ain't their problem
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    The time and date stamp on email messages are set by the sender, or more specifically by the mail server that the sender sends the mail to. It hasn't got anything to do with when you download your mail message, otherwise people that check email once a day or less wouldn't have very interesting timestamps.

Thanks...but the only thing is...all of my emails say DEC31. They are coming from multiple sources and not just one mail server. We use Exhange at work. Could this be an Exchange issue? Are you saying that our Exchange server is stamping these? If so, then why don't they have DEC31 on them in my inbox on my office desktop? Here they are correct.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Anyone else having this problem?