Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How long do we have to wait for a Ringo bug-free version?

I paid for my license and had to uninstalled the app because the latest available version (v.3.1e) is a disaster - even worst than the previous versions that were already creating problems.

That was over a month ago.
    So I ask:
    When can we expect a working version of Ringo?
    V.3.2 perhaps??
    I use to have lots of problems using Ringo starting from version 2.0 and I even asked for a refund. Until I downloaded the 3.1d version about 2 months ago, it works fine till now. I am using Treo 180 and GPRS 1.1
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    I use to have lots of problems using Ringo starting from version 2.0 and I even asked for a refund. Until I downloaded the 3.1d version about 2 months ago, it works fine till now. I am using Treo 180 and GPRS 1.1
    I always had more or less problems with Ringo.
    You're right, 3.1d was a more stable version (I have a Treo 270 on GPRS 1.1).

All was fine and OK until I downloaded the latest 3.1e.
    A disaster!

So bugged that I uninstalled it and wait patiently for a new version that doesn't come.
    It's a shame because Ringo is a good app.
    When it works.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have treo 300 and I had to uninstall my demo cause it kept reseting itself anytime I did anything. All is well now though and at least I got to get a few rings in before I deleted it....
    3.1e sucks. It works at will, in the begining it worked and then it stopped and then it randomly worked. NOw I cannot get it to work at all, I even reformatted my whole Treo but to no avail. Anyhow, where can I find the older v3.1d?

Sanjay
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    3.1e sucks. It works at will, in the begining it worked and then it stopped and then it randomly worked. NOw I cannot get it to work at all, I even reformatted my whole Treo but to no avail. Anyhow, where can I find the older v3.1d?

Sanjay
    I'm looking for another older version myself!
    As I said before, I uninstalled Ringo, hoping that they would provide us with de-bugged version within days or maximum a week or two.

It has been over a month now that 3.1e is out and no one seems to care enough about their paying customers to provide us with a software that works as we paid for.

Electric Pocket presents itself as a big company, and not as a passionate developer who creates apps during his/her time off.
    Therefore we would expect from them to be professional and provide their paying clients with de-bugged version of their apps.
    Doesn't it say a lot about quality management of more and more corporations, specially in this on-line industry?
    I have the 3.1d version.....how can I send to you guys???
  8.    #8  
    Did you get the version from Electric Pocket Web site?
    Is it stable?
    why not try TCRinger? I am currently beta testing the version for the 300 and it works GREAT and it still in beta. I'm sure the released version for the 180 and 270 is as stable as this beta for the 300. I have never even loaded Ringo because of all the problems I've read that people are having.
    Originally posted by dennis3232

Did you get the version from Electric Pocket Web site?
    Is it stable?
    Yes, I downloaded ( as a paid customer ) directly from Electric Pocket Web site. As I mentioned before on this thread, I have been using this version for almost 3 months now and I had only 2 crashes. After I installed this version and found it comparatively more stable, I didn't even check the Electric Pocket web site for updates.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by imageone
    why not try TCRinger? I am currently beta testing the version for the 300 and it works GREAT and it still in beta. I'm sure the released version for the 180 and 270 is as stable as this beta for the 300. I have never even loaded Ringo because of all the problems I've read that people are having.
    The (advertised) advantage of Ringo over TCRinger is that Treo doesn't let you only recognize your caller from his/her assigned ringtone, but also with a dedicated picture that shows up when Treo is ringing.
    What's more, Ringo also allows you to assign ringtones to unknown or unlisted callers.
    In other words, if Ringo worked as advertised, it would be a killer app!
    Please check your PM.

Thanks,
    Sanjay
    In other words, if Ringo worked as advertised, it would be a killer app!
    It sure would be one helluva an app. It is the kind of software that Handspring should have included in the Treo as a native app, would have made the Treo so much more attractive. Maybe someone else ought to develop a similar program, albeit a much more stable and reliable one. TCRinger developers, are you listening?

By the way Ringo has a problem with converting ringtones from midi files at times. I had no such problem with TCRinger with the same MIDI files.

Sanjay
  14.    #14  
    Thank you for Ringo 3.1d file Ricky3333.
    I installed immediately the version.
    Here's how it went, after set up:
    1st call, fine.
    2nd call, error message, after missed call:

Form.c, Line:1728, Object not in form
    Reset

3rd call, same error message when trying to answer a call.
    4th call, same error message after missed call.
    There won't be a 5th try: I (once again) uninstalled Ringo!
    Maybe someone else ought to develop a similar program, albeit a much more stable and reliable one. TCRinger developers, are you listening?
    Yes, TCRinger developers, are you listening??
    Alas, I last heard from Electic Pocket in November. I've sent them several e-mails, but heard nothing after they advised me to try 3.1e. As many of you have said, what a disaster!

Thank you for Ringo 3.1d file Ricky3333.
    I installed immediately the version.
    Here's how it went, after set up:
    1st call, fine.
    2nd call, error message, after missed call:

Form.c, Line:1728, Object not in form
    Reset

3rd call, same error message when trying to answer a call.
    4th call, same error message after missed call.
    There won't be a 5th try: I (once again) uninstalled Ringo!

Right after I sent the software to you and sanjay, I got another crash today!!! You think how much time should we give Electric Pocket before we request for a refund....
    Originally posted by Sanjay

By the way Ringo has a problem with converting ringtones from midi files at times. I had no such problem with TCRinger with the same MIDI files.

Sanjay
    You can use HoHo to convert midi files to ringtones.

One of the main reasons, I believe, that you are having problems with Ringo and the picture ID stuff is that Ringo uses hacks and explicitly does things that the unit is not designed to do. While many hacks can be made stable, it takes more effort. TC Ringer does not use ANY hacks and therefore can easily be made more stable.

I don't see picture caller ID coming to TC Ringer anytime soon as it would destabilize a very stable product.

(I'm the author of TC Ringer, so I know how it works.)
  19.    #19  

Right after I sent the software to you and sanjay, I got another crash today!!! You think how much time should we give Electric Pocket before we request for a refund....
    I tried in the past to request a refund from apps developers (not Electric Pocket yet, I must say)... and never got any answer.
    Even with Handango on my side!

So I'm not sure I'll bother spending time on that.
    Let's only hope that other potential users will read that thread and will stay away from Ringo!
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by sgruby

I don't see picture caller ID coming to TC Ringer anytime soon as it would destabilize a very stable product.

(I'm the author of TC Ringer, so I know how it works.)
    Sorry to read that.
    I'm no developer so I don't know how it works, but are you sure there is no (stable) way around?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast