Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by Dunc

I'm the same way. It used to work like a charm. Then several usrs stopped having their pictures pop up, now nobody gets a picture - no matter what kind of configuration changes I make.

Dunc
    Latest news!
    I uninstalled (again!) the latest Ringo version (3.1f) installed about a week or two ago.
    To be honest, it didn't crash even once (but was sometime slow to refresh the screen after a call).
    But as you said Dunc, the pictures shown for some users aren't the ones set, groups are mixed up, etc.

One more try, ElectricPocket:
    Your app doesn't crash anymore.
    Maybe next time you'll have your app work as advertised!
    Well I went to the Electric Pocket site last night and downloaded the current version of Ringo for my Treo 300. The version they had posted last night is 3.1g - it is still listed as beta software by the way. Anyways, I've received 4 phone calls this morning and for the first time in as long as I can remember Picture Caller ID is working! No crashes, or anything bad, yet - but I'll keep an eye on it.

Dunc
  3.    #43  
    Well I went to the Electric Pocket site last night and downloaded the current version of Ringo for my Treo 300. The version they had posted last night is 3.1g - it is still listed as beta software by the way. Anyways, I've received 4 phone calls this morning and for the first time in as long as I can remember Picture Caller ID is working! No crashes, or anything bad, yet - but I'll keep an eye on it.

Dunc
    Take five.
    Let's try the newest latest version of Ringo!
    Let's see if my wishes came true!
    I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this, but it's run fine all day. Picture caller Id has worked for everyone except one caller that had blocked their ID - I would have thought that would have gone to my unknown caller icon... Anyways, I can live with that.

Dunc
  5.    #45  
    Keeping fingers crossed:
    Completed the first day with the new Ringon 3.1g installed:
    Works fine.
    No crash, ringtone and picture are used according to configuration, etc.
    Let's wait and see if Electric Pocket finally made it!
    I tried the 3.1g on my treo 270. Incoming calls result in fatal exceptions without further description (not in program... line 113). After removing of Ringo.prc the treo runs normal...

(Treo runs with german GPRS-update)
    Had contact to Ian and he sent me a debug version to get further with that thing.
  8.    #48  
    As far as I am concerned, not even one crash that I can relate for sure to Ringo since I installed the latest version.
    But one existing bug though:
    The ringo/picture assigned to the first group of the list is used whenever an Unfiled or Unknown number is calling, disregarding the relevant settings for Unfiled and Unknown number.
    Annoying.
    Well, without the addition of any new software Ringo has reverted back to it's old habbits... It suddenly stopped displaying pictures to the numbers that I've associated them to.

Dunc
  10.    #50  
    Well, without the addition of any new software Ringo has reverted back to it's old habbits... It suddenly stopped displaying pictures to the numbers that I've associated them to.

Dunc
    Same here!
    It is slowly deteriorating:
    Friends still work OK, but some groups are now using pictures (I am not sure about ringtones) that are not theirs.

It is happening about 3 weeks after installing the newest 3.1g version.
    I am not planning to uninstall it (yet), to see...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123