Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I saw a program that would install the PDA on the desktop of the PC as if it were another hard drive. This made all files and folders desktop accessible for add/delete/move easibility.

I can not find it again. Does anyone know what it was and how to get it?

Thanks

Jeff Schaffer
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    Any responses? I was wondering the same. I have recently had to hard reset my Treo 300 and would have liked to choose what programs to reload instead of hot synching everything. Please let me know if you get anything.

Thank you.

BigE
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I know Card Export does this for Cards such as SD, but I am not sure what it does for the device.
    There is SyncWizard, by envi.con KG, the makers of PInstall. This is what I read at PalmGear.com:

Desktop file manager for Palm Organizer and compatible
    A unique way to connect a PalmOS PDA with a Windows Desktop - like it is a folder or a drive.

SyncWizard shows Palm file icons on Desktop and Explorer
    The handheld is permanent connected to SyncWizard. The content of the organizer is displayed in a window and can be edited.

This seems exactly what you're looking for. Only one problem: It doesn't seem to work for Treo 300, just like envi.con's other programs (like PInstall). You may be able to make it work, but I wasn't when I d/l'd the demo and tried it on my Treo 300. If you do make it work, post how!

Hope this helps
    I've also checked out FilePoint Pro, by Bachmann Software. This alternative allows you to view the files on your Palm OS device (including the Treo 300), but it is not "live" - it isn't another drive or anything. It's done through FilePoint's programs, and changes you make are done on your next hotsync. This may be a suitable alternative for you, but personally, I just wish I could use SyncWizard, as that is a live connection, with your device continually connected to the desktop as a drive.

Oh well.
    Originally posted by jschaff
    I saw a program that would install the PDA on the desktop of the PC as if it were another hard drive. This made all files and folders desktop accessible for add/delete/move easibility.

I can not find it again. Does anyone know what it was and how to get it?

Thanks

Jeff Schaffer
    Jeff,

On my Macs, I use Sync Buddy to do this.

It works as you describe, in that it opens up a window on your computer displaying the entire file contents of your Treo or other pda, arranged in appropriate folders, and you can delete files directly off your Treo from the desktop of your Mac, or add programs to your Treo by dragging them onto the Sync Buddy window on the Mac, without running HotSync.

I assume there is also a version for Windows.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!