1.    #1  
    I have recived sms messages even when I am not connected to visions. Does sprint charge extra for that?
    You should get charged by the amount of data in each message. I think the charge is $0.02/kb.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Brooose
    You should get charged by the amount of data in each message. I think the charge is $0.02/kb.
    Hopefully by now your on an unlimited Vision plan then you won't have to worry about it.
    Yes. good point. I think everyone who had a Vision plan got switched to unlimited vision automatically. The poster said he did not have vision so I don't know that he would automatically be switched.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Yes. good point. I think everyone who had a Vision plan got switched to unlimited vision automatically. The poster said he did not have vision so I don't know that he would automatically be switched.
    True. I just can't imagine some one spending the money for the Treo and not the additional $10 to get it activated fully.

--Dave
  6.    #6  
    I subscribe to visions. Sometimes I get sms when I'm not logged on to the service. Would they chqarge me then?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    I subscribe to visions. Sometimes I get sms when I'm not logged on to the service. Would they chqarge me then?
    No, if you have the Vision option on your calling plan you are "always on" Vision and SMS messages will pass through without any addaitional charges.

I don't know the technical aspects of how this is done with the equipment but for billing purposes it is invisible to you.

--Dave
    messaging is a component of Vision - so if you have unlimited Vision then messaging is unlimited IMO (unless there's fineprint we haven't seen)
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    messaging is a component of Vision - so if you have unlimited Vision then messaging is unlimited IMO (unless there's fineprint we haven't seen)
    Here is my very simple understanding (subject to correction by those more knowledgable).

High Speed Data: Active when the two arrows are present above the signal bars.

SMS delivered to (xxx) xxx-xxxx: Active at all times when the phone radio is on.

Shortmail delivered to: xxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com I believe the same as SMS as far as delivery although it looks like some sort of data connection is triggered upon delivery.