Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Marcus and Thank you too Aarons12. I am cranking out ringtones for my 300 left and right. It only takes a minute or so to go through the whole process. No need to buy ringtones. AWESOME!
  2.    #22  
    yeah, definitely cool. so many midi files available, we can have exactly the songs we want!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Marcus and Aarons12: You guys ROCK! Finally, rigtones that i can be proud of --- AND HEAR!!

Wohoooo!

(snif, snif) -- you smell that??? smells like a Nobel Peace Prize to me.
  4.    #24  
    hehe... now let's see... what are the odds of me being in the same room as some other treo owner, who is using a ringtone i made...

glad you like them.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by Maniac8888
    Thanks Marcus and Thank you too Aarons12. I am cranking out ringtones for my 300 left and right. It only takes a minute or so to go through the whole process. No need to buy ringtones. AWESOME!
    Again, I'm grateful but having problems and would appreciate any further guidance:

Aarons, the file you pointed me to did work and was installed but something funny happens when I try to assign individual songs from your list. Even though I installed the whole list and selected ones to add to my personal ringtones and again overwrote the radio with my newly expanded Personal collection, when I go to select the new tones for individual family assignments, sometimes they show up in the list, and sometimes they don't!?

And Marcus, your web-based conversion tool was a big step forward for me because I primarily use Macs and .jar files only work on Macs running Jaguar and I still use OS 9. So I ran your neat conversion tool on a midi version of Pink Panther and it seemed to work, but when I installed the pdb it shows up fine but won't play (although it doesn't reset the Treo either). Just sits there. Any further suggestions? I'm usually not completely lame with stuff like this.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  6.    #26  
    nate - not sure. i have some of mine coming up twice. possibly a bug in the ringo beta?
    Ringo, Aarons12 ringtones and Marcus' conversion website work perfectly for me on my Treo 300. Be aware that other applications particular on the Palm OS can cause conflicts and unexpected results.
  8.    #28  
    coming soon... a new bunch of ringtones, including a james bond theme that works!! (maybe tomorrow night)
  9.    #29  
    ok, i know its crass but i'm just posting this message so this comes up to the top of the board again for a bit. have been getting inquiries from other threads on these tones and keep referring folks to this thread since it has the most detailed info on installing.
  10.    #30  
    bump

(shameless, i know, but i'm having fun spreading the music...)
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Heheh aarons....

Thanks for making those!!!! I just put your ringers on my phone! Very cool! I love the popcorn one..

Unfortunately, I now cannot get that song out of my head.
  12.    #32  
    a couple of the songs are like that. some you probably don't remember by name but will remember when you hear them.. check out elepant walk and whipped cream.
    Aaron,

I followed the instructions on a previous post about using Anvil Studio and Palm MIDI desktop to get a MIDI file into the PDB. However, I'm recording the song with my computer mic into Anvil Studio, cutting it, exporting to MIDI-O, putting in the treo-samples.pdb, it shows, but won't play. Any idea how to get a recording into a MIDI that will play? Not sure what I'm missing, but I'm sure it's not exporting to MIDI correctly...

Thanks!
    NCTreo300
  14.    #34  
    i can't say for sure but i have a couple of suggestions. check the file size. large files are a problem. i don't know what the 'cutoff'. i know i have ones that are 20k that play fine, but i think that might be approaching the limit. the james bond theme in my set is 22k. it does work but ringo warns first that it is kind of large and MIGHT cause instability.

second, look in anvil studio and see what 'instruments' are playing. the treo has 256 midi voices but if some sounds were assigned to strange instruments, treo might be having trouble interpreting them.

i had some success with some of the files i used, changing some of the instruments to things like alto sax or brass. many others work fine too, but some of the more exotics probably don't have an equivalent on the treo. of course somebody out there knows the exact answer but these are some things i have found just messing around.
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/17/2002 at 11:14 AM.
  15.    #35  
    Hey! I are a developer! anyway, i posted my ringtones at palmgear.com

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...1&prodID=46151

still free, what the heck. i don't exactly think there is a fortune to be made here no matter if every treo owner everywhere downloaded them!
    Originally posted by aarons12
    Hey! I are a developer! anyway, i posted my ringtones at palmgear.com

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...1&prodID=46151

still free, what the heck. i don't exactly think there is a fortune to be made here no matter if every treo owner everywhere downloaded them!
    Aaron,

Thanks again for your work and for your generosity. Are the rintgtones you made and uploaded to this website different than the earlier ones I have from you with the same names? I notice that they have a creation date of Dec. 16 rather than Dec. 7.

Best wishes,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  17.    #37  
    nate - i believe you should find a bunch of new ones in this batch. the ones with the same names are the same tones, but i also added over a dozen when you count them all up.

that said, whether you download them from palmgear or aaronstein.com, those two sets are the same.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Can someone help me?

I installed Ringo and added some ringers to the personal ringtones and synchronized.

The treo rebooted.

It has sometimes not, sometimes it has. Sometimes I got a msg that it couldnt write a ringtone (but wouldnt say which one).

Ok, so i clear the personal ringtones... to start all over.

I load my backup of midi ringtones.pdb

I go to the phone book and a couple of the ringtones I put in (like the disney one and a couple others) are still there!!

How do I get rid of these??? I don't understand why they are still there.

A hard reset won't even get rid of them.
  19.    #39  
    you are not the only one to have this problem, though not everybody is having it. do a search and there are some extensive answers here on this board.

start with this thread, which has some great info

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=30600
  20.    #40  
    shameless bump... (note that the main ringtones have not changed, just probably a bunch of new treo owners after xmas!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast