Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I find TreoCentral to be a treasuretrove of knowledge for Treo 300 users, but here are two neat nuggets of Treo knowledge I learned on the SmartPhoneTalk.com list at:
    http://www.smartphonetalk.com/
    (under the Treo 300 section)
    where I also found that several of our TC regulars also seem to hang out:

1) I have and use Button-T, but it never occurred to me, until I read there, that it can be used to ensure that when you close or open the lid, you can avoid losing your place in the App you were in, just by using Button-T to select "none" for Open Lid and Close Lid, "none" being an option I never noticed before!;

2) Also, even though the first click on the Phone button starts you at the Speed Dial list, you don't have to keep clcking to get to the Contacts List to dial a non-Speed Dial contact - just start by typing the first and last initials of the contact even though you are looking at the SpeedDial screen, and you are automatically switched to the Contacts list screen -and- spun down the list towards your contact the same as if you had first click-click-clicked over to that screen. (And then you just add letters if and as necessary to zero in, as usual.)

Maybe somebody posted these tips earlier here, and I missed them. In any event, knowing them has certainly added even more to the convenience and slick usage of my Treo 300.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    That second tip is most excellent.
    The 2nd tip is in the manual, I believe.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tuen
    The 2nd tip is in the manual, I believe.
    And all you people who actually have the time to read the manual should continue to enlighten the rest of us. We really appreciate it! Keep up the good work!
    Maybe someone knows an easier way to beam your business card, I've got it down to 3 clicks so far. Click any letter so the Treo jumps to the phonebook and tries to spell a name, then just hit the menu key and press the letter M to beam. I have yet to find an easier way and I've even asked some of the Handspring people I know, they told me nothing new. Anyone got an easier way?
    Originally posted by howensby
    Maybe someone knows an easier way to beam your business card, I've got it down to 3 clicks so far. Click any letter so the Treo jumps to the phonebook and tries to spell a name, then just hit the menu key and press the letter M to beam. I have yet to find an easier way and I've even asked some of the Handspring people I know, they told me nothing new. Anyone got an easier way?
    If you have Agendus, it's just one click. Just hold down the agendus hard button and it will automomatically beam your chosen business card.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My hat is off to you Nate. Thanks for those two new tips... I also learned today how to disconnect a caller from my call-waiting without hanging up on the other caller. At this rate I should be able to use 100% of the features on my phone by this time next year! Hey maybe that can be my next poll.....

--Dave
    Originally posted by razorpit
    I also learned today how to disconnect a caller from my call-waiting without hanging up on the other caller.
    Could you perhaps elaborate on how to do that? I still manage to hang up on both callers everytime I try to do this. :-/

Josh
    How do u disconnect one caller without the other in a conference call? I would love to know.
    is there a way to go back one app? Or to toggle between two apps? Often I find myself wishing I could hit the <-- key to return to the app I was just in. Or do you always have to go back to "Home"? Thanks so much...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DelMelo
    is there a way to go back one app? Or to toggle between two apps? Often I find myself wishing I could hit the <-- key to return to the app I was just in. Or do you always have to go back to "Home"? Thanks so much...
    Get Silver Screen!
    I use a hack called McPhling, and excellent utility for my Treo. I can pop up a menu of recently used apps by pressing in the jog dial button, or with two buttons (Option-up) return to my previous app.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Another tip in the vein of tip #2. You can just start dialing a number on the keyboard, from the speed dial page, and it'll switch to the dial pad page.

Basically, it knows whether you're typing a number or a name, and switches to the dial pad or contacts list.
    In reference to the 2nd tip, it will only search automatically in the last category viewed in 'Contacts', unless 'All' was selected.

Ferd
    Check this out! In Prefs, on the Network category, there is a menu. Page 198 of the manual shows that under Options->Preferences you can set it to auto-connect to data whenever you bring wireless up.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Check this out! In Prefs, on the Network category, there is a menu. Page 198 of the manual shows that under Options->Preferences you can set it to auto-connect to data whenever you bring wireless up.
    Too bad it doesn't work.
    it does work for me - whenever I do a soft reset, my wireless automatically logs me back into the data mode.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    What model and carrier?
    Originally posted by rfg17
    What model and carrier?
    I've got a Treo300 and Sprint PCS and when I start wireless, it does connect data automagically!
    Cingular doesn't (Los Angeles). :-(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast