1.    #1  
    sometimes when i receive a call there is nothing for the caller id (no "private" or "caller id blocked" just blank). but then when i check the call log, the number is there. anyone else?
    This happens to me occasionally, too. I was told by Sprint tech folks to do a soft reset (unbend a paper clip and use it to press the reset button through the tiny hole in the back). You'll need to wait for it to reboot, then you'll have to press and hold the power button to turn on the wireless mode again.

I haven't narrowed down what causes this to happen, but I seem to notice it when I switch between synching at home and and work, or when I've resynched my ringtones.

Hope this works!

Suzie
    insted of a paper clip, unscrew the tip of your stylus.
    I had the exact same problem and by searching the threads found out that it was being caused by Ringo. The only calls that were being identified were my 'Contacts'.

I deleted Ringo and caller id started working fine again.

Now I'm waiting for Electric Pocket to fix this bug before trying it again.

Ferd
    Ferd:

This is exactly the same problem I'm having with Ringo, in addition to the phone disconnecting calls when the earbud is engaged. I have been unable to get Electric Pocket to respond to this problem. Someone in a previous post suggested that this may be a software conflict. I am going to try to delete all apps and reinstall them to see where the conflict exists. I will keep you all posted.

KC
    Go Gators!
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    LOL!!
    Originally posted by Appleman

LOL!!
    Instead of both wait for the Sprint network to force a soft reset for your Treo...

Dunc
    Originally posted by KCGator
    Ferd:

This is exactly the same problem I'm having with Ringo, in addition to the phone disconnecting calls when the earbud is engaged. I have been unable to get Electric Pocket to respond to this problem. Someone in a previous post suggested that this may be a software conflict. I am going to try to delete all apps and reinstall them to see where the conflict exists. I will keep you all posted.

KC
    I had the disconnecting headset problem also. I attributed it to the fact that I was running TreoAlertMgr and Ringo at the same time, since removing TAM seemed to make it work again. But, I have since seen it happening even without TAM installed.
    I have found that if you assign a picture to the unknown caller group, the caller id will begin to function again.. Hope this works for you... I happen to like ringo compared to treopicturecallerid....
    <B>Books</B>
    I had that same problem. It was only happening before I opened the lid. Once I opened the lid, I could see the number on the screen. Of course, by then, I had answered the call. At the sme time, I noticed my 300 also thought the headset was plugged in. One of the on-screen suggestions to answer the call was to press the headset button even though it was not present.

One soft reset cleared up both problems. I will report if it returns.

FYI, I am also running Ringo and TAM. If it recurs, I will assign a picture as suggested above before the soft reset and see if that works.

Miles