Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    My ISP won't let me use their SMTP server so I used the smtp.sprintpcs.com server I entered my username <username@sprintpcs.com> and my password.

I still get the error message "relaying not allowed".

Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I had the same problem recently and noticed that instead of "yourname@sprintpcs.com" I left off the @sprintpcs.com and only used the "yourname". This seemed to fix my problem.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by damigs
    I had the same problem recently and noticed that instead of "yourname@sprintpcs.com" I left off the @sprintpcs.com and only used the "yourname". This seemed to fix my problem.
    Yes I tried that as well. When I take off the sprinctpcs.com I get the bad username/password error.

Thanks for the help. Anyone else have an idea?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by utey
    My ISP won't let me use their SMTP server so I used the smtp.sprintpcs.com server I entered my username <username@sprintpcs.com> and my password.

I still get the error message "relaying not allowed".

Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?
    By the way I am getting the same relaying denied message using eudora... Eudora did not even ask me to authenticate the sprintpcs outgoing server.

Hmmmm....
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I am getting the same with my ISP using iambic mail. I can receive just fine but I cannot send through at my sprintpcs.com address or my ISP.
    I keep getting "relay not allowed" error. This just started happening within the past couple of days.

Gues I will send all of my outgoing emails through hotmail.
    I'm using smtp.sprintpcs.com with no authentication in SnapperMail. I tested it with my sprintpcs username and password without @sprintpcs.com and that worked as well. After you make those changes I would suggest deleting all messages in the outbox and then try sending a new message.

~Lemieux66
    (posted using treo :-))
    Make sure that when you select the outgoing server, that you also put in your username (email) and password (3g mail password). The username and password should be the same as for the incoming server. That should cure the problem.

Cheers,
    Originally posted by zflyr

<snip>

The username and password should be the same as for the incoming server. That should cure the problem.

Cheers,
    That doesn't make much sense if my POP ("incoming") server is my corporate server. One is going to have different user names and passwords than the SMTP (SprintPCS "outgoing") server.

I have followed all the instructions listed in this post and get the same "relaying not allowed" message. <sigh>
    I remember having this problem with my sbcglobal mail account.
    I was trying to use the sbcglobal smtp to send messages.

In the end I ended up with the following.

Pop3 server: pop.sbcglobal.net
    username : myUser
    password : myPassword
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    username : myUser (without the @sprintpcs.com)

I then setup the Reply to Address to go to username@sbcglobal.net and this seems to work just fine.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by shady

I then setup the Reply to Address to go to username@sbcglobal.net and this seems to work just fine.
    I have mine set up exactly the same way. I am now getting "relaying not allowed" error along with "invalid address header". I have tried with several differnet e-mail address and still nothing. Very frustrating as getting e-mail with my treo was one of the reason I bought it in the first place.

I can POP e-mail just fine.

Thanks for your help. Anyone else with a suggestion. Snapper developers?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by shady

Aha I finally figured it out.

This is from the snapper website. The key is to make an e-mail password. This is done by clicking on e-mail and then set up from the sprintpcs website. Duh!

You need to set an EMAIL password for your Sprint account:
    Set an EMAIL password for your account, DO NOT change the vision password, the vision password is different and should not be modified

So there you have it. Again you need to set up a sprintpcs EMAIL password which is different than your vision password. Hope this helps.

Grace & Peace,

utey