1.    #1  
    I was told by a sprint rep that there is a $50 rebate on new vision phone for existing customers, but all the rebate forms I can find (on amazon.com) mention new accounts as the requirement.

Does anyone have a copy of a rebate form that doesn't require a new account?

Thanks!
    Don't waste your time - I am an existing customer and got a rejection letter from Sprint PCS - says it's for new activations only.
    I have a PDF file of the rebate you're talking about. It's for purchases between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31 for existing customers adding a new line of service. If you give me your email address, I'd be happy to email it to you.
    "new line of service" means adding another phone number to your account. it does not mean adding vision service, for example.
    Try this... it worked for me.

1. Call up customer care. when "Claire" answers, tell her you want to cancel your line.

2. They will transfer you to Retention dept.

3. When they ask you why you are cancelling, state that you've seen the amazon deal and that it requires a new activation.

4. Instead of letting you cancel and then re-activating, they'll match the price and allow you to keep your number.

Hope this helps out anybody else who is fiending for a Treo 300 but doesn't want to pony up so much cash!
    Last edited by fonzo888; 12/05/2002 at 12:45 PM.
    02.02.05 - A new beginning...A Treo 650 beginning...
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by fonzo888
    Try this... it worked for me.

1. Call up customer care. when "Claire" answers, tell her you want to cancel your line.

2. They will transfer you to Retention dept.

3. When they ask you why you are cancelling, state that you've seen the amazon deal and that it requires a new activation.

4. Instead of letting you cancel and then re-activating, they'll match the price and allow you to keep your number.

Hope this helps out anybody else who is fiending for a Treo 300 but doesn't want to pony up so much cash!
    that's exactly what I did - they gave me $200 credit to my account, and said I can get another $50 credit with the "sprint rebate for existing customers", which I'm still looking for. I guess at some point I'll just have to actual get up from the computer and drive to the Sprint store...
    Originally posted by CySurflex

that's exactly what I did - they gave me $200 credit to my account, and said I can get another $50 credit with the "sprint rebate for existing customers", which I'm still looking for. I guess at some point I'll just have to actual get up from the computer and drive to the Sprint store...
    Hmmmm..... sounds like it's time to give Claire a call!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Originally posted by Newbie
    I have a PDF file of the rebate you're talking about. It's for purchases between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31 for existing customers adding a new line of service. If you give me your email address, I'd be happy to email it to you.
    hey there
    could you email me that pdf when you get a chance? i'm at dboyer@yoideaman.com
    thanks,
    david