Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    If you have the ability to access the internet (GPRS or CSD) and recieve SMS through an e-mail, you are all set. Does that e-mail address send to your phone?
    J - Dave:
    I think it'll work on any phone with any kind of IP connection or SMS capability including email->SMS gateway. You most likely have an email address to send SMS messages to your phone. Check with your carrier.

**** Smells like Roses:
    It is a shame that PdaApps is charging so much for their tiny app. But then again, who else does it. I feel like you are whining that "it's not fair". Well, maybe it isn't. If you don't want to pay, don't. Personally, I'm going to shell out the bucks because I really want this functionality. However, I dont like paying this much. Fact of the matter, the price will adjust itself. If no one is buying it, it will drop.. If people buy it, personally I wouldn't lower the price. Isn't that just good business practice? I don't think PDAapps is in the charity business.

-Brett
    I just chekced with my carrier (IM3 in Jakarta, Indonesia) and the UMS (Unified Messaging Service) is not set up yet. That is the setup that gives me the ability to do the email to and from SMS, so I will have to wait a couple more months.
    Originally posted by JDave
    I just chekced with my carrier (IM3 in Jakarta, Indonesia) and the UMS (Unified Messaging Service) is not set up yet. That is the setup that gives me the ability to do the email to and from SMS, so I will have to wait a couple more months.
    Since you have a GSM treo, can you not just launch the SMS app, and then compose a new message. Select the "Address by email option", and send a message to your regular land-line email address.

If this works, the return email address will be that of your Treo.
    Nice thinking. I'll give it a try. Maybe that part of UMS is already set up. I'll let you know the result.
    It doesn't seem to work. I can send to an email address with no problem, but they go out and never return, floating around in the huge SMS graveyard in cyberspace.

I'll let you guys get all of the bugs out fo the thing in beta and then when my UMS is set up I'll sign up.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234