Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41  
    Does Quick Chat show you as online even when you're not using the phone? ie, can I receive an instant message even if I don't send one first?

    Does it work on Sprint's network, or is that a T-Mobile specific feature?
  2. #42  
    Yes, Quick Chat shows you as online (all day if you want...)
    however, it may be T-Moble only as it is SMS...
  3. #43  
    It looks like Quick Chat will only work with T-Mobile and AT&T, unfortunately.
  4. #44  
    I paid for Quick Chat, but I'm still interested in a Trillian/Adium/GAIM level application for the palm, even without the multi-network support.

    Quick Chat seems very reliable, but oh my god is it slow. 3-4 seconds to do almost anything, and if you get IMs from anyone not on your buddy list it's a pain and a half to reply. It's bad enough that if I expect to do any serious conversations I end up launching the time-bomb that is the AOL client. (Fastest way to render your Palm unusable without a hard reset I've ever seen)
  5. #45  
    Methink Spidey got silenced. There was a poisting a few weeks back that PDAapps was working on a unified instant messaging app. It looks like it is close to release. I will definitely buy it as soon as it becomes available. ,,,, JKust for the MSN chat feature alone. ICQ have a decent and free app that I can use now.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  6. #46  
    We just posted a message on the Treo 300 discussion group. Looks like it should have been here. So here goes --

    We are pleased to announce limited Beta availability of VeriChat™, a unified messaging solution. This product has been optimized for the Treo.

    For a chance to participate in this program, please visit:
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/default.html
  7. #47  
    I'm confused, does verichat only work with the treo300?
    I signed up as a beta tester and the sign up page says that verichat requires treo300sms app but than asks which treo I'm using and allows me to select 180, 270 or 300! Or maybe it's, "if" you are a treo300 user you must be using treo300sms!
  8. #48  
    I think the form creates some confusion -- we will see if we can edit it to make it better.

    Basically, what is required is SMS capability, but since Treo 300 by default doesn't have that capability, we require the user with a Treo 300 to have a Treo300SMS.

    Again, if you have Treo 180 or a Treo 270, Treo300SMS is not required.
  9. #49  
    Originally posted by PDAapps
    I think the form creates some confusion -- we will see if we can edit it to make it better.

    Basically, what is required is SMS capability, but since Treo 300 by default doesn't have that capability, we require the user with a Treo 300 to have a Treo300SMS.

    Again, if you have Treo 180 or a Treo 270, Treo300SMS is not required.
    Thanks for the quick response I figured that out after posting the question!
    Not being a treo300 user, I forgot that it does not natively send SMS messages.

    Thanks,
    Greg
  10. #50  
    What about working with the VisorPhone? I read that it will somewhere but there is no option for the VisorPhone?

    Hope my confusion can be clarified. Thanks in advance.

    Jonathan
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
  11. #51  
    Verichat will work with the VisorPhone. We will notify you when we are ready to test with it.
  12. #52  
    Originally posted by PDAapps
    Verichat will work with the VisorPhone. We will notify you when we are ready to test with it.
    Thats great, just please e-mail me (jrhultima@aol.com) and ill love to give it a try.

    Lemme acually take the time to thank you for making most of your software compatible with the VisorPhone (such as TreoPictureCallerID). Your really the only site that I know of that also considers the VisorPhone users.

    Do you think you could one day make a ringtone manager for the VisorPhone? Id buy it, cause the ringtones the VisorPhones have stink.

    Thanks again.

    Jonathan
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
  13. #53  
    Hi All,
    I didn't see anyone really emphasize that this works with the LID CLOSED!!! I think it uses SMS for that, but it's VERY nicely integrated.. and I'm picky!

    I love it!
    -Brett
  14. #54  
    well as cool as this app may be... its not like its going to make me money or change the world, as pdaapds would like you to believe by the prices they have decided to charge... up to 50 bucks for an IM program... seems a bit unreasonable considering that they are breaking into the networks illegally (as any unauthorized app entering any of their IM networks is illegal) and that no other IM program actually even charges anything at all... but i guess everyone for the most part thinks their **** smells like roses.... hopefully they will change their attitude soon so it can be affordable...
  15. #55  
    I agree. Awesome program, but for the amount of times that I have been logged out from the AIM and Yahoo servers for no real reason, the fact the their agreement says that there could be permanent outages due to the IM carriers changing infrastructure and what not, it is not worth it.

    They don't even have customized away messages yet. Or a battery indicator.
  16. #56  
    Originally posted by bbernstone
    seems a bit unreasonable considering that they are breaking into the networks illegally (as any unauthorized app entering any of their IM networks is illegal)
    Just because it's something AOL (and the others) don't want you to do, that doesn't make it illegal. It'd be very hard to find any way that this was actually breaking the law. It's hardly "breaking into networks," it's logging in with a valid username and password.

    Honestly, the price really isn't that unreasonable given that I pay $3/mo ($36/year) for the SMS messages to begin with. And while it's true other IM programs don't charge, nothing else does quite what VeriChat does.
  17. #57  
    It is when you aren't guaranteed service. You are relying on the PDAapps servers. AOL, MSN, Yahoo have huge infrastructure with maximum uptime. PDAapps could have a single box running off a UPS in someones basement for all we know. They could shut down at anytime. Pay $50 and next week they change their mind and start making it for a Tungsten W with support for OS 4.1 only.
  18.    #58  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    I agree. Awesome program, but for the amount of times that I have been logged out from the AIM and Yahoo servers for no real reason, the fact the their agreement says that there could be permanent outages due to the IM carriers changing infrastructure and what not, it is not worth it.

    They don't even have customized away messages yet. Or a battery indicator.
    Appleman, remember this is just version 1.0 that you are playing with, and they just got out of beta.
    From my calculations, it comes to be 2 bucks a month which is less than a cup of coffee!!

    FYI, some of us beta testers have version 1.5b which supports emoticons, custom away messages (for Yahoo & AOL) and other things. I dont' know about that battery indicator though .

    Spiderman
  19. #59  
    Originally posted by bbernstone
    well as cool as this app may be... its not like its going to make me money or change the world, as pdaapds would like you to believe by the prices they have decided to charge... up to 50 bucks for an IM program... seems a bit unreasonable considering that they are breaking into the networks illegally (as any unauthorized app entering any of their IM networks is illegal) and that no other IM program actually even charges anything at all... but i guess everyone for the most part thinks their **** smells like roses.... hopefully they will change their attitude soon so it can be affordable...
    Actually they aren't breaking into their networks. They are using a public protocol designed for this type of thing. Additionally, you are using their proxies so they are incurring real marginal costs.
  20. #60  
    Will people outside of the USA be able to use this service. I tried to sign up for the beta and was asked for the email address of my number/provider (ie 425xxxyyyy@tmomail.com), which is something that is not provided by my carrier here in Jakarta (IM3). I use SMS all the time, as does everyone here in Asia and the rest of the non-USA world.

    Can we get this set up so we can communicate with those in North America who are still behind the curve on the GSM thing (I can easily send and recieve SMS with almost any one any where in the world EXCEPT my friends in the USA who use T-Mobile. go figure).

    It would be nice.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions