Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This app will be the second biggest selling point for my friends to get a Treo 300. (The first being unlimited data.) Do share.
    I will be getting a treo this weekend. I sell these things as a Sprint rep, but I used to think that talking into one was not cool looking. But now I say "who cares?" If I can have unified IM, SMS, email and web in a palm device that's also a phone??? And I thought I was cool just to have bejeweled in there by itself.... I'll bet I sell more treos this way if this comes out soon too!
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Is Gaim the one that works? Not Trillian correct? I went to Gaim's site and it looks confusing. Any advice on the correct download, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Robert1000
    Is Gaim the one that works? Not Trillian correct? I went to Gaim's site and it looks confusing. Any advice on the correct download, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If you're running Windows, Trillian Pro is hands-down the best IM client.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried Odigo?

I used it but had trouble getting it to find me on MSN. It did finally but that soured my first impression.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    Can't find beta download anywehere... Can you send?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried Odigo?

I used it but had trouble getting it to find me on MSN. It did finally but that soured my first impression.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    http://messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/download/

Mobile Phone link. go to mm.yahoo.com in blazer and log in. Too many steps to read and send for sustainable use but the only thing I have right now for Yahoo.

e;-)
    Since most of my friends use AIM, I will have to wait until the PDAApps product has support for the AOL protocol. I hope they have success with it.

Geoffrey
    Well this has been a total tease......where is the screenshot? Must have gotten in trouble from PDAapps for posting this information.
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    Since most of my friends use AIM, I will have to wait until the PDAApps product has support for the AOL protocol. I hope they have success with it.

Geoffrey
    I agree. no AIM no $$$ here. most everyone I talk to is using AIM
    Guys, while the program sounds great, I'd recommend waiting till you try it out before getting too excited, particularly for those interested in the 'always-on' capabilities.

Anything always-on on the Treo always has some major gotchas (not necessarily's pdaapps fault).

I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out.. but I'm not expecting perfection, ambrosia.
    ooo... o0oo.. me want so bad! the one feature missing from treos... ohhh ohhh... breateh deep miradu breathe deep. wow.. And now that i have service for my 180.. what fun! what fun!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Sorry, same here-- no AIM, no sale.
    Personally, Y! and MSN are more important to me than AIM and ICQ.
    If AOL/Time Warner would open up their services to the outside, it would have been eazy enough to add support for AIM and ICQ. Who'd a thunk that Microsoft would have the more open platform, while their competition had the closed system.

I dunno AOL. It's pretty bad when Microsoft is more open than you.
    Okay...so I've sent numerous messages to PDAApps asking on status and the ability to help test... No offense to Spidey, but if you search - he appears to post a LOT specifically about updates to and issues on PDAApps (is he a ringer??).

Based on the lack of response from PDAApps - I'm wondering if this thread was bait to see if we had interest...

Come on guys - help us out! At least details on a release date, costs, screen shots, or the ability to help beta!!! Don't tease us like this... we really want the darn thing!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    If this will work with the VisorPhone, then count me in on really really wanting this. Plz post a link when it is released, thanks.

Jonathan
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
    I emailed PDAApps, but haven't heard back yet. This is the killer app for me-- no always-on IM (that doesn't crash or lose my data), no sale. If this were available, I'd be buying a Treo right now.

As it is, I'm seriously eyeballing the T-Mobile Sidekick. Sucks as a phone, but if you'e an existing Sprint customer, do the math:

T-Mobile Sidekick + 1 year of service = $580
    Handspring Treo 300 (no service) = $500

I can KEEP my existing Sprint phone and plan, get a sidekick to go with it, and only pay $80 more than I would to upgrade to the Treo. And I know the IM will work. Not too mention that this way, the large cost is spread over a year.

Oh well. Hope this is true, and that PDAApps gets it out before the end of december (the end of the $99 sidekick deal), or T-Mobile gets the $500.
    I use Quick Chat (AIM only) for my IM needs on my Treo with T-Mobile. It uses SMS instead of GPRS through T-Mobile's AIM gateway. I find it much nicer than any regular network IM program I've seen for the Treo.

The only downside is you can only have 30 buddies in your "Wireless Device" buddy group. Major plus is that it still works while on the phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast