1.    #1  
    i have a prism w/ visorphone and the sms has a character limit, i wanted to know if there is any software that can increase the character limit because i want to set this as my primary email adress
    I have been led to believe that the size of the SMS is dependent on your carrier. It seems most of them limit the SMS to 160 characters.
    Originally posted by Alli
    I have been led to believe that the size of the SMS is dependent on your carrier. It seems most of them limit the SMS to 160 characters.
    The fix limit of a SMS message is 160 characters.
    It is MMS which, among other things, allow you to create longer messages.

What is dependent of your carrier though, and of your device too, is the ability to write longer SMS messages that will be sent in packages of 160 characters maximum and received as one message on the other side.
    This is how its works:

You write, for instance a message of 320 characters (two 160 maximum size) on a phone that lets you do that.
    Your device creates, behind the scene, two messages of 160 characters each, together with a flag that will inform the receiving phone that they are part of only one message.
    If the receiving phone is able to do so, it will reconstruct your original message, the way you wrote it.
    If it cannot, the receiver will get two messages of 160 characters each.

Voila!