Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    wanna chat with aol or yahoo buddies...any ways other than the aim software which crashes or yahoo software that no longer supports? thks
    does ICQ wrk for that...sms...anything
    thks
  2. #2  
    I use QuickChat as an alternative, on the Treo 180. It's a client that uses an SMS gateway to communicate with AIM (so it's "push" and you don't have to keep the program running or even the phone active to stay logged on). I'm not sure if it will work for you on Sprint since I've heard they have some weird ways they've messed up SMS. Anyone know the answer for this?
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by hesspaul
    I use QuickChat as an alternative, on the Treo 180. It's a client that uses an SMS gateway to communicate with AIM (so it's "push" and you don't have to keep the program running or even the phone active to stay logged on). I'm not sure if it will work for you on Sprint since I've heard they have some weird ways they've messed up SMS. Anyone know the answer for this?
    Your phone does have to be active (charged and wireless on). And no, it doesn't work for the 300. Right, Sprint has bad SMS but the AIM gateway is a T-Mobile thing, so the commands are specific to TMO and won't work with other carriers unless they happen to have a gateway and use the same commands.
  4. #4  
    i like icq myself........ it seems to work the best.. and most stable. Just had to get everyone to switch.. from yahoo.


    brian
  5. #5  
    Did you get icq to work on your treo300? I installed that version last week and it would not do anything once loaded Thanks
  6. #6  
    yes i use all the time on my treo300... in fact I only use it on my treo... I use yahoo on my pc
  7.    #7  
    if i have aim buddies, will icq wrk with them...looking for alternative to AIM software that kills my treo
  8. #8  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $nothing$ $that$ $works$ $with$ $AIM$ $besides$ $AIM$. $I$'$ve$ $had$ $very$ $good$ $luck$ $however$ $with$ $the$ $PalmMSN$ $client$.
  9. #9  
    derek985

    can you put up a link to the MSN client..... i couldnt find it before.....
  10. #10  
    I received your request and added you to my contact. I will be logged on tonight. Thanks
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by tommyshuff
    if i have aim buddies, will icq wrk with them...looking for alternative to AIM software that kills my treo
    I've heard that ICQ and AIM use the same protocol since a few versions ago, but haven't tried this. I think you can sign in to AIM using your ICQ # and you'll be able to message your ICQ buddies through the AIM client. Maybe it also works the other way.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by briguy33
    derek985

    can you put up a link to the MSN client..... i couldnt find it before.....

    here you go

    http://www.visorvillage.com/software...4-palm-pc.html

Posting Permissions