Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I responded to a post in the GPRS & Data Connection forum about this on a Treo 180 but thought I'd try to post here as well since my Treo 300 is involved.

In short, I just installed the latest version of Treo Mail (Internet edition) and have started to notice that Wireless Mode will shut off on its own, randomly, 2-3 times a day. At first I thought I had inadvertantly hit the power button but monitored the situation and that does not appear to be the case.

Anyone else notice these symptoms (TreoMail or not)? I've done a search on the forums but haven't been able to narrow the terms down sufficiently to glean anything useful.

Of course this could be totally unrelated to TM but I NEVER observed this behavior before and have not changed my usage pattern (i.e. I keep the phone on throughout the day). The only difference is that previous to TM I would disconnect from the network after retrieving my e-mail. Now I use TM's auto check feature and there is no way I can find to instruct it to disconnect when done, so the phone maintains its data connection all day (except when WM shuts off, of course).

Thanks for any info.

=NLK=
    I've got the same thing going on, data-wise, in Dallas. There's another thread on the on-and-off data behavior that some others have seen lately. It's called "Losing Data Connection" or something like that. My data is also having funky connection issues for the past week or so, and it's in any data app, not just TreoMail....
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I've got the same thing going on, data-wise, in Dallas. There's another thread on the on-and-off data behavior that some others have seen lately. It's called "Losing Data Connection" or something like that. My data is also having funky connection issues for the past week or so, and it's in any data app, not just TreoMail....
    Thanks for posting. I've read the thread you mention (several times!) but I'm not sure it's the same thing. The problem there was a soft reset following some attempts to initiate a data connection. Here the data connection is presumably already established and, as far as I can tell, no soft reset occurs. When I notice that Wireless Mode is off the Treo is on the phone page; in my experience when a soft reset occurs the Treo returns to the Prefs->General screen. Unless there's a timeout that automatically restores the phone page that would seem to indicate no soft reset occurred.

Of course I could be missing something (wouldn't be the first time ) and/or this all could be related to the Data problem.

Who knows? I'll keep looking and testing.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post.

=NLK=
    the thread I'm referring to is called 'Drop Data Signal' and I think it's the same. my issue is still going on this eve (Sun).
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Well, let's put it this way: whatever it is, the combination of TreoMail and Sprint data can be a real pain in the a**.

I've had TM running since 8 this morning, supposedly polling every 15 minutes. Sometimes it works, sometimes the log gives an error code. Just now I looked over and noticed my Wireless Mode was off. Opened the cover, soft reset. Turned WM back on. Looked over again after 10 minutes and saw WM was off again (didn't notice an SR this time). Turned it on again. Waiting....

Most likely it's Sprint data problems coupled with the way TM works. Not that I know that any other e-mail program would be different (the only ones I've tried consistently were Basejet, which polled but never caused these problems and SnapperMail, which doesn't poll but did have problems connecting at times).

So we'll see. Let's face it, NOTHING is without difficulty (even my old Verizon EN would crap out from time to time).

=NLK=