Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I work in the computer field and have wireless network equipment at both work and at home.

The wireless network equipment generates an annoying crackle on the Jabra. But not so annoying that I'd get rid of it for that reason alone.

The problem is the equipment appears to also interrupt voice transmission. I was testing with a friend last night and my voice kept cutting out. I verified it wasn't the sprint network (as opposed to the jabra) by switching the headsets back and forth betwen the jabra and the stock headset.

When I was done with my trials, it was my friend who strongly suggested I take it back to the store. Grrrrrr...so that's what I'm begrudgingly going to do.

Just an FYI for those who utilize wireless nets.

--Les
    Originally posted by lesarrow
    I work in the computer field and have wireless network equipment at both work and at home.

The wireless network equipment generates an annoying crackle on the Jabra. But not so annoying that I'd get rid of it for that reason alone.

The problem is the equipment appears to also interrupt voice transmission. I was testing with a friend last night and my voice kept cutting out. I verified it wasn't the sprint network (as opposed to the jabra) by switching the headsets back and forth betwen the jabra and the stock headset.

When I was done with my trials, it was my friend who strongly suggested I take it back to the store. Grrrrrr...so that's what I'm begrudgingly going to do.

Just an FYI for those who utilize wireless nets.

--Les
    Change the pairing on the headset or move the channel of our WiFi hub.
    Are you interested in selling the Jabra Freespeak to me? I'm EXTREMELY interested!

Please email me: mitzeclipse@hotmail.com

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Changing the pairing sounds like an interesting idea. Perhaps I'll try that.

What do you mean move the "channel" of the wifi hub? I might have missed the concept of channels in the user guide.

mitzeclipse, no interest in selling the unit. I can just bring it right down to the store at which I got it for a refund.

--Les
    He means to change the channel that the AP is using, assuming you are talking about an 802.11 network. There are 11 channels in the US, most APs come factory configured for either channel 1 or 6. If you change it, you may lessen or eliminate the interference. I would suggest adjusting both the channel pair on the Jabra and the channel on the AP (try to get as far apart frequency wise as you can).
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Gotcha. Thanks for the tip.

The problem I have is that this won't help me at work where I have no control of the wireless networks.

--Les
    Agreed. And thanks for the info, btw, as I work with 802.11 as well both professionally and personally.