Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am using Treo 180......After I installed Launcher X, I have 2 SMS messages and 2 SIM Services icons ( both icons work ). When I switch back to Palm OS, there is only 1 icon for each program. Any clue??? Should I delete the doubled icons???
  2. #2  
    Did you upgrade to launcher X from launcher III? If you did and had shortcuts for those apps in Launcher III that you didn't erase they'll appear in launcher X but without the little green arrow. The shortcuts work fine, so I just put them under a seperate tab. If your not sure which is which, drag the app icon to the info gadget at the bottom and it should display, among other things, if that is a shortcut or not.
    Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your help gooselab!! First of all, I am not upgrading from Launcher III. Secondly, I did what you said and the information I got is both are applications ( not shortcuts ), one is 66K and 77K...one is located at ROM and one is at RAM...the create dates are different and some attributes are different too...
  4. #4  
    The buiult-in apps should actually be in ROM not RAM. I am not sure how you got them in RAM. Delete the one in RAM see what happens.

    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    Thanks for your help gooselab!! First of all, I am not upgrading from Launcher III. Secondly, I did what you said and the information I got is both are applications ( not shortcuts ), one is 66K and 77K...one is located at ROM and one is at RAM...the create dates are different and some attributes are different too...
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  5.    #5  
    yardie,

    I deleted the SIM services in RAM and left the one in ROM. After that whenever I run the SIM services in ROM, it gives me fatal error and has to do soft reset. *** when I delete the SIM srvs in RAM, it said there are some databases cannot be deleted. If I switch back to Palm OS and run it, it gives me the same error. Any suggestion???
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    yardie,

    I deleted the SIM services in RAM and left the one in ROM. After that whenever I run the SIM services in ROM, it gives me fatal error and has to do soft reset. *** when I delete the SIM srvs in RAM, it said there are some databases cannot be deleted. If I switch back to Palm OS and run it, it gives me the same error. Any suggestion???
    JackSprat will be your solution.

    I had the same problem once with Citytime (or whatever it is called):
    For some reasons, I deleted the city information (located in RAM), and of course not the app (located in ROM). Everytime I wanted to load the app, I had the very same message... with the same double icon issue (in fact one represents the ROM and the other one the RAM)

    I then decided to try JackSprat which allowed me to delete (no way to go back) the app in ROM.
    It fixed the double icon / error message problem.
  7.    #7  
    dennis,

    You mean if I use JackSprat to delete the SIM Srvcs in ROM, I will loose this application forever??? Can I install it again somehow??
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    dennis,

    You mean if I use JackSprat to delete the SIM Srvcs in ROM, I will loose this application forever??? Can I install it again somehow??
    Correct me if I wrong somebody, but the answer would be: Yes!

    You would be able to re-install the app only if you previously backed-up your ROM / RAM (wherever the problem is - using JackSprat or similar app) and recover it.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    dennis,

    You mean if I use JackSprat to delete the SIM Srvcs in ROM, I will loose this application forever??? Can I install it again somehow??
    Correct me if I wrong somebody, but I believe the answer would be: Yes!

    You would be able to re-install the app only if you previously backed-up your ROM / RAM (wherever the problem is - using JackSprat or similar app) and recover it.

Posting Permissions