1.    #1  
    I am a new Treo 90 owner. (Just got it on Tuesday.) So far I am *really* impressed. This is my first Handheld/PDA device.

However, I am swamped with all the great applications out there for PalmOS. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on their favorite apps, and favorite app-getting sites.

Thanks!
    Palmgear.com is still the best site.

Start with theri top 50 software and "Essesntial" links. You will see what the popular apps are. If you are looking for anything specific, post it here.

Originally posted by erichz37
    I am a new Treo 90 owner. (Just got it on Tuesday.) So far I am *really* impressed. This is my first Handheld/PDA device.

However, I am swamped with all the great applications out there for PalmOS. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on their favorite apps, and favorite app-getting sites.

Oh and you can find a lot of free software at www.freewarepalm.com. WELCOME to the boards BTW.

Thanks!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I just installed the Reco-Echo+ software. This allowed me to be able to use graffiti easily without having to tap a bunch of keys to get to the "Keyboard". If you have used graffitti before, you definatly want to take a look at this software. The other thing it helps with is the ability to use shortcuts easily, since you usually have your stylus in your hand on account of there being no side-wheel like the 270 and 300 have.

I almost forgot the bst "Launcher" program that I have found is MegaLauncher VIP.

If you like games, I personally have been enjoying Monopoly made bv handmark. There is a trial version of it which allows you to play several games before it stops functioning. Other Games I enjoy on the palm OS are YahDice (Yahtzee), Taipan, Rally 1000 (milles bournes card game), Bejeweled, Atomica, Bkgammon, MONKEY, Space Trader, and of course SIMCITY.

I also installed a program called HandyShopper. I no longer keep manual hand written lists for groceries, gifts, birthday card lists. Everything I keep is in this program, great database utility with a bunch of customization.

My old time favorite is Happy Days it ties into your contact list to track birthdays, anniversaries, etc... Then it will tie into your Calendar to help with reminders. GREAT Program, I always impress everyone by sending them cards on time!

Also, do not forget to go and register your Treo at their web site. You will receive some electronic coupon if you want to purchase an accessory from their site. Do the same with the Wordsmith program. There is a new release out that you can download and install if you have registered.
    LazyLauncher (one handed launching of apps, prefs and desk accessories), ClockPop (Clock and whatever other basic info you want by holding down a button. Don't even have to lift the lid), SafeHack (resets your private records to off at every powerdown), Treo KB Utils (advanced cursor movement and highlighting without a stylus), Palm Off Hack (Turns your buttons and keyboard off so the 90 won't come on in your pocket). All but Palm Off Hack are freeware. Most are at palmgear.com.
    Meteor, $10.
    http://www.pdatopsoft.com/software/item.php?pid=519

It kills the 4kb limit, substituting a max of 32kb per memo. Will import a full category, or just the memoes you want individually. It stores it all in a separate database, so a desktop is available (for another $10). I passed on the desktop, because you can easily export memoes back to the native app as needed. If it's more than 4kb, then you get intelligently named sequential notes. Most importantly, for my purposes, it has a nice way of avoiding the native 15 category limit as well. The interface looks like directories and subdirectories, so you can nest them as deeply as you want, yet still navigate nicely. And, you can move stuff around with drag and drop ease.

I love it because it allows me to stash seldom used memos, like directions, etc., in an out-of-the-way area, so I can more intelligently use the native memo app. Mostly, for notes linked through Shadow Plan. That's why I opted for Meteor rather than WordSmith as a memopad helper-- I could move stuff onto the SD card for Wordsmith, but that's much more cumbersome, for me, than Meteor. I can also include Meteor in my "find" searches since it lives in RAM, unlike my Wordsmith docs.

I take the time to spell out these benefits because the trial program, unfortunately, is crippled. I bit the bullet, since User Comments appeared favorable. Glad I did. You may not be, so think carefully. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd keep an eye out and my wallet closed, til I got a better feel for my own needs, which can only materialize with use over a period of time.

Tip: if you want an easy way to keep such notes as you browse, and you use IE5x, grab a freebie toolbar from http://www.my-enotes.com. Once installed, you just highlight text you care about, and click the "take an enote" button. It will automatically attach the page url, in clickable form, as well as retain any clickable links appearing within your selected text. The directions advise how to create new enote pages, all of which will live in c:\enotes. (read: just change the name of the my-enotes.htm file. A new one will generate the next time you take a note.

Hope this helps. Main rule: fun, my friend, have fun!
    Hi,

I can recommend a few applications from GlobalSync Enterprises (http://globalsync.net)

* SyncProjet for project management
    * SyncTraveler if you do road trips
    * ColorDraw as a nice little alarm setting memo pad and note pad replacement
    * Buzz Lite-Notes a different angle at the memo-pad, more on the idea of bug me
    * $tock Trader a game of stock trading
    * Gift Giver - track all your holiday giving
    * RaceDay - track all your favorite WC and Busch drivers

Of course, I will admit to a bias, I wrote them all

Best,
    Phillip
    Originally posted by joey398

My old time favorite is Happy Days it ties into your contact list to track birthdays, anniversaries, etc... Then it will tie into your Calendar to help with reminders. GREAT Program, I always impress everyone by sending them cards on time!
    I could never get it to work. No matter how I setup the birthday field, HappyDays would tell me the format was incorrect. Gave up.