1.    #1  
    I believe my MIDI_Ring_Tones file is currupt. I tried to import new tones using Palm Midi Desktop. It worked fine the first couple of times. Then I tried to import a new file and it would not play the new file. Now whenever I select the any import midi file from the Ring Tones list on the phone it plays one of the default tones. Help.
    In an effort to help kboogie and myself, could someone please attach the original MIDI_Ring_Tones.pdb file to this thread, so that we can start over?

Thanks!
    Umm, I dont have that file, it would be good to have though. I am sure someone can supply it.

But, have you tried clearing out the ringtones using ringo? When I hosed mine up messing aroudn with, that got it back to the default tones. Might be worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

And someone hook up the default pdb!
    I tried to use Ringo to clear out what I have added to MIDI_Ring_Tones.pdb, but no matter what I did nothing worked. I couldn't browse the contents of that midi database, and using the clear option didn't do anything either. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Yup, similar deal here -- moved ringtones using trial version of Ringo into my Treo...bought the Ringo license, installed that version, now I can't get rid of the tones I'd previously installed. Clear Radio Ringtones doesn't work. Erg.
    anybody try deleting the ringtones from the ringo list then using ringo's option to syncronize the treo ringtones file (ringo options menu)
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/07/2002 at 12:43 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    treocentral will not allow posting of a pdb. if you email me (see below the post) i can send you a clean copy of the pdb to try.
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/07/2002 at 12:55 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Aaron, I emailed you via this board...would very much like to get that file.

I decided to hard reset my Treo to see if could rid of those ring tones. Did it, and while everything was fresh after the reset, I checked the ringer preferences before I re-synced everything. Amazingly, the ring tones are still there! It's driving me nuts. Under NO circumstances should you install ring tones using the Ringo trial unless you wish to suffer this horrible annoyance. Electric Pocket -- please get with it with a word on a fix for this! Argh!

Originally posted by aarons12
    treocentral will not allow posting of a pdb. if you email me (see below the post) i can send you a clean copy of the pdb to try.
    I am having similar problems but w/o RINGO! I followed the suggestion of using midi palm desktop to import new midis, however somehow 3 new midis seem to be incorporated perminantly into the treo, no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of them, I have tried to replace the old Midi_ring_tones.pdb file with a fresh one, but no luck! Can someone tell me the proper procedure of replacing this file with a new one??
    did you try deleting the one on the treo first then synching a clean one on?
    Ive done that too...I deleted using "delete" then synced a new one still the old mids show up on the list! Driving me nuts!
    I spent half the day fooling around with midi files, midi desktop, anvil, and finally ringo. So far all the standard ringtones still work, but there are still several of my failed attempts on the list that I can't get rid of. I've deleted the file using filez and reloaded fresh, and they keep coming back.

Those ringtones sure are tenacious!
    what a title for a modern-day horror movie - "THE RINGTONES THAT WOULDN'T DIE"