1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Question: Does anyone know of a new blazer coming out im the next few months that will support java? Or will we have to get Xiino to view pages with java. Becuase I was assuming if they come out with a new blazer then the upgrade might be free.

Okay my real question would be when will a broswer come out that can check exchange web mail without having to load software on the server that is running exchange. The goverment won't let you load software on their server without a very good reason I don't think.

I think there was a thread that said even with Xiino you couldn't check your exchange server mail unless you load the xiino on the server or a program called owa. I could be wrong. If so how can I check my exchange mail without loading software on the server. Thanks.
    Last edited by ronaldwright; 11/29/2002 at 12:25 PM.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    Xino does java? I think you're mistaken (or I am). I don't think they could squeeze a VM into it.
    Are you referring to Java or Javascript????
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  4.    #4  
    javascript I believe. As long as I'm able to check my email account that on an exchange server.
    Last edited by ronaldwright; 11/29/2002 at 12:26 PM.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    For Outlook Web Access (OWA), you need a browser that supports JavaScript (not just Java).

Blazer does not support JavaScript.

Xiino claims to support JavaScript, but cannot connect to OWA without additional configuration of Exchange Server (which no one knows how to do -- and Xiino technical support failed to respond to my queries). The Xiino web site has a FAQ on this issue, but is of no help at all.

Check out this thread for more information.

I continue to use OWA for PDA (available here) and find it to be a great solution. Two caveats: the demo version will not allow you to send e-mail and I have not been able to configure it for handling attachments. Otherwise, it is very easy (and quick) to use through Blazer.
    If anyone in your offc gets their mail on a blackberry you should be able to do this w/ no problem. Does your firm support workstyle for exchange serveres? (its the same service that allows the blackberry line of products to see emal.) If your firm supports it just ask them for the url. then you can get exchange mail on your handheld just like a black berry. every time you open it in your Blazer it will be a LIVE connection to your emails.
    Originally posted by cmantle
    If anyone in your offc gets their mail on a blackberry you should be able to do this w/ no problem. Does your firm support workstyle for exchange serveres? (its the same service that allows the blackberry line of products to see emal.) If your firm supports it just ask them for the url. then you can get exchange mail on your handheld just like a black berry. every time you open it in your Blazer it will be a LIVE connection to your emails.
    Whoah whoah whoah, let's back the train up. I get mail on my blackberry. You're saying with a URL I can get it on my Blazer on a pull basis?
    How is your email configured? is it a Microsoft Exchange server? If so, yes, with a url you CAN get it MS Exchange email a pull basis. You can use your Blazer browser to view email in a Java free format!

The MS exchange server has to be running a Microsoft workstyle server (this server converts the emails down to text and gives it to you in a very neat and lite format) that really works well on the treo.

everyone in my firm uses their blackerrys with workstyle. so if you have a blackberry already configured to get your email from a workstyle enabled exchange sever, just find out what the workstyle server url is from your IT person and you should be golden!