Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I think I have finally given up on email programs that offer attachments. Aileron doesn't work, and I can't get In Box to Go to work and either can Dataviz. In fact they can't even tell me what the error code means.

I am now trying to get a read on the new Treo mail. I tried Treo mail two months ago so the only way I can try it now is to purchase it. They will not let me try it again. So before I purchase it blind can I get a few reviews from those who are using it. Thanks for your help.
    Don't you have a diff email address that you can set up to use?That way you can test it out again.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Have you tried BaseJet (www.basejet.com)? I use it and really like for access to to my office e-mail. It handles some attachments.

For POP and IMAP, try Snappermail (www.snappermail.com). I am using it on a trial and it does a very good job with attachments so far. Even handles ZIP files.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yes I have tried another e address but it is an aol address and treomail states it is not compatable with aol and will not let me in. I have e mailed them explaining this twice but they have not seen fit to respond. I have tried snappermail about a month ago and attachments did not work. They came through as cabs and could not be opened. I am using a treo 300 with sprint. Have they changed their program?
    It seems that I waste a lot of time trying products that don't live up to their promise. There has to be an easier way to make all this stuff work.
    I've been using TreoMail 1.5 with my european trial 270 here in France, even when Handspring had only officially opened it to US user.

It worked like a charm for me. I had the Desktop Assistant configured on a machine in the office behind the firewall, checking our Exchange server for new messages. I really like the little details like being able to forward only unread messages, set the max size, etc. I would have liked to have the option to download bigger emails or attachments on demand but couldn't find this option.

The only thing that didn't work were the SMS messages to tell me about new urgent email, but I suspect this was due to the fact that I was on a network outside the US. Transatlantic SMS almost never works for me.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

PS TreoMail will be the first software I'll buy once I have received the 270 I've ordered.
    TreoMail Pros:

Reliable
    Takes full advantage of Treo functionality (menu button, rocker switch, "cursor-like" controls, etc.)
    Auto-complete e-mail addresses
    Look-up e-mail addresses
    Easy retrieval (push and hold e-mail button)
    Manual or auto (up to every 15 mins.) retrieval
    SMS notifications of new e-mail
    Filters

TreoMail Cons:

No attachments
    Limited to one e-mail address
    Can't be interrupted by incoming phone call (making frequent retrieval of e-mail a poor choice)
    Latency (not always notified immediately of new e-mail)
    No customizable mailboxes/folders
    No synch tool with desktop e-mail application
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Doug, thanks for your help. Can I ask you what e mail program you are using and have you found one that has a reliable attachment option? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Originally posted by garyt01
    Doug, thanks for your help. Can I ask you what e mail program you are using and have you found one that has a reliable attachment option? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I use both TreoMail and Eudora, both of which I like but neither of which supports attachments. My hope is that TreoMail 2.0 will support attachments. The truth is, there is no "perfect" e-mail application for the Palm OS, yet.
    I think I have used every e-mail program out there. I didn't think the Treo Mail implementation was particularly robust and stopped using it after about a week (too many calls going to VM among other things). I have found both Basejet and SnapperMail to be the best products for my needs. I am using both right now. They both support attachments, Basejet also supports IMAP. The next release of SnapperMail due at the end of the week, will support polling which was the only major hang-up for me. I think I am going to go with SnapperMail because of their excellent technical support. BTW, SnapperMail does not require an intermediate server as does Treo Mail and Basejet.
    (posting via the Treo) I'm using TreoMail now and I really do like for the advantages stated above. I've used about all of them out there - BaseJet (very unstable, for me), Inbox To Go (cumbersome, actually, with the atachments), Sprint Business Connection (also unstable on the handheld as well as the PC app). So - TreoMail it is, for me. Since I tried so many (also gave AIleron a shot as well - forgot) I think my decision was well-informed. Very happy with TM.