Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    OK, I am not a moron, and have just read through the entire Treo 300 manual, to no avail. When driving, I used to be able to dial a number like my home voicemail with my Motorola Startac, and then have pre-programed in my password and appropriate menu options, separated by hard pauses. Nowhere in the Treo user guide do I find instructions how to accomplish what seems like a simple task. I called Sprint, got transfered to tech support, who also had no clue.

OK, you guys have been my resource for far more complicated issues - anyone know how to manage something as simple as a hard pause on a Treo 300?
    Last edited by paz5559; 11/26/2002 at 01:02 PM.
    It appears the only way to do this is to program one of the speed dial buttons. You place the additional codes (that would be after the hard pause) in the "Extra Digits" field.

Geoffrey
    I don't have a Treo 300, but on a 180, a pause is represented bya comma.

1) Tap on a blank Speed Dial button.
    2) In the Number field, enter just the phone number (like 6505551212)
    3) In the Extra Digits field, enter the first set of extra digits, then enter one comma for each second of pause, and the second set of digits, etc. (i.e. 1234,,,,69,,,89)
    4) To dial, tap the Speed Dial button you just made.
    5) When you're ready to start dialing the extra digits, tap the handy dandy onscreen Extra Digits button.
    6) La ha! The pauses happen as expected. At least they did on a 180.

So, Treo 300 dudes and dudettes, does this work on your'n?

You may be asking: how did I know to type in commas for pauses? I have no idea. Instinct, maybe. But it worked and that makes me happy. Do not question me. Kneel before Zod. Kneel!
    Works well on my Treo 300.

I have a quick-dial button mapped to my voicemail at work that requires numerous pauses and other numbers / codes to be entered. One comma per second is correct.

Originally posted by Bbonnn
    I don't have a Treo 300, but on a 180, a pause is represented bya comma.

1) Tap on a blank Speed Dial button.
    2) In the Number field, enter just the phone number (like 6505551212)
    3) In the Extra Digits field, enter the first set of extra digits, then enter one comma for each second of pause, and the second set of digits, etc. (i.e. 1234,,,,69,,,89)
    4) To dial, tap the Speed Dial button you just made.
    5) When you're ready to start dialing the extra digits, tap the handy dandy onscreen Extra Digits button.
    6) La ha! The pauses happen as expected. At least they did on a 180.

So, Treo 300 dudes and dudettes, does this work on your'n?

You may be asking: how did I know to type in commas for pauses? I have no idea. Instinct, maybe. But it worked and that makes me happy. Do not question me. Kneel before Zod. Kneel!
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    I don't see an "Extra Digits" button on my Treo 300. Please explain. Thanks.
    Originally posted by chrisjoseph
    Once you have followed the instruction given above, tap the button that you just created and when you hear the dialing begin, look at your screen far right, located beside the speakerphone button should be a button titled exta digits.

To the above poster LOL (Dudetes), Are there any on this forum, come to think of it?
    a2rob
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    At least one.
    Duddette? Queen!
    Originally posted by chrisjoseph

- Either create a new speed-dial button or edit an old one.
    - Below "Name" and "Number", you'll see extra digits.
    - Punch in the extra numbers you want the phone to dial for you (use commas for a "soft pause"), and then check off whether you want the phone to "Dial Extra Digits automatically" or not. (If you're looking for a "hard pause", leave this un-checked.)
    - Save it.
    - When you choose the speed-dial button, an extra button will pop up on the far right after it starts connecting the call, "Dial Extra Digits".
    - Hit that button when you're ready for the phone to dial the extra numbers.

Works well on mine.