1.    #1  
    I just broke the flip cover / speaker off my 2 week old 300 by banging into a door frame with the phone on my belt :-(

The "lock/line" people who administer the equipment replacement service tell me that 1) they will replace the phone with a "similar" phone within 5 days, and 2) since this is my second claim, my coverage is cancelled after they send me another phone.

So I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer

1 - Is there anything I can do if they ship a "similar" phone / PDA instead of the 300?

2 - Are there any third-party companies offering reasonably priced insurance on the phone?

Thanks,
    Graham
    Originally posted by saberfile
    The "lock/line" people who administer the equipment replacement service tell me that 1) they will replace the phone with a "similar" phone within 5 days, and 2) since this is my second claim, my coverage is cancelled after they send me another phone.
    I don't have an answer to your question, but when you do receive your replacement, please report back to us what you receive. I've got the equipment replacement plan also and just am wondering how good it is. BTW - nice to see a fellow Caryite on this board.
  3.    #3  
    Will do....

My wife has the Samsung I300 and we (I!) managed to break that in a similar manner :-(

The replacement was a new I300, so I was very happy with that transaction. It looks like I'm going to have to find another insurance source since I'm obvious "hard" on my phones :-)

....and I'll watch for another Caryite walking around while looking at their phone - I *love* being able to read email, or this forum from anywhere!

Best regards,
    Graham
    Hey now, work in Cary, live in Garner!!! Most excellent!

I wonder if when they say "similar phone" they mean a Treo 300 but it may be a refurbished Treo 300. I don't think they can just send you a completely different phone. I'd really B**CH about that!

NCTreo300
  5.    #5  
    The service rep was very careful to emphasize that it would be a refurbished 300 or "similar" phone.

When I asked what she meant by similar, her definition was "a combination phone and PDA" and she would not proceed unless I agreed to that condition. I'm a little worried since another condition was that by sending out a "phone" they had fulfilled their resposabilities and I couldl't return whatever they send if I'm unhappy with it.

I'm a little pessamistic right now and can see my new Treo being replaced witha refurbished I300 :-(

As for Garner - I guess you face the ever growing traffic problem here. I work in downtown Raleigh, so it's an easy drive against the traffic :-)

Best regards,
    Graham
    i received a replacement for my treo 300... it was a new treo 300. i was worried too about receiving a "similar" phone but not to worry!!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the I300 is NOT a PDA/cell for the PCS Vision network. The only PDA/cell for Sprint PCS Vision right now is the Treo 300, right? Or, maybe the Toshiba PocketPC. But, the I300 is not... It's for wireless web, and I don't think you can realize the high-speed vision network with it. Thus, if they send you an I300, you may have a case for sending it back.

Garner isn't too bad driving in, unless you leave at 8:00 AM and get stuck near exit 306....

NCTreo300
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    The only reas\on the alternate replacement language is in there is in case the phone in question is no longer made. In other words five years from now replacing the tre0300 would probably get you a treo 500 because the treo 300 was no longer being made.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    I've had only good experience with the lockton/sprint experience, and I've had to use it three times so far - once my phone was stolen, and twice it just fell and stopped working. (this was before the treo)

Now with the treo of course I got the insurance as well. I also got the extended insurance from the retail store, thinking I could cancel the sprint insurance...but then later I realized the store insurance only covers broken or damaged phones, whereas the sprint insurance covers theft/loss as well.