1.    #1  
    my treo 180 was replaced because it just went blank..now the new one has trouble too. I can not hear anything from the flip top. I have to use the handsfree wire with ear plug and thats very cumbersome all the time. I am in India and have to wait till someone going abroad can carry my treo and exchange it again. The treo support did not respond..is there anything i can do myself....any similar experience?
    sudhir
    Well you will need to get the unit replaced. I have seen a number of reports about speaker goind dead after a couple of weeks. I think its because of a wire breakage or something in the flip.

Originally posted by sudhir
    my treo 180 was replaced because it just went blank..now the new one has trouble too. I can not hear anything from the flip top. I have to use the handsfree wire with ear plug and thats very cumbersome all the time. I am in India and have to wait till someone going abroad can carry my treo and exchange it again. The treo support did not respond..is there anything i can do myself....any similar experience?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    join the dead speakerphone club. i've had two treos go speakerphone-dead. i have given up getting it replaced. sooner or later they will all go dead. get used to using the headset.
    Anyone has tried to repair the dead speaker by himself ?
    Then, Please, speak up !

I've also got the same problem and don't want to send it back (it's my 3rd replacement).

Thanks !
    yes, i have tried to repair the dead speakerphone and failed to do so because the stuff is too delicate. have a look at my treo taken taken apart