Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    None of them seem to post in the correct forums. The moderators aren't correcting it either.

    IF YOU OWN A 300 - PLEASE THINK AND LOOK A LITTLE BIT BEFORE JUST POSTING TO THE 300 FORUM!!!!

    it's easier to find pertinent posts, and you will get your questions answered quicker, probably by those of us with a 270!

    example: Why put a post about ringer programs under the 300 formum? Why not use a little logic and put it where all posts about software would be? Doh

    Sorry for the negativity, but it's getting rediculous
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  2. #2  
    Your comments directed at members of this board are inappropriate, and demmands an appology. Some members are new to pda computing and we strive to assist them, no matter what subject matter. I am a proud treo300 owner and will disregard any future postings from you.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by christo1970
    None of them seem to post in the correct forums. The moderators aren't correcting it either.

    IF YOU OWN A 300 - PLEASE THINK AND LOOK A LITTLE BIT BEFORE JUST POSTING TO THE 300 FORUM!!!!

    it's easier to find pertinent posts, and you will get your questions answered quicker, probably by those of us with a 270!

    example: Why put a post about ringer programs under the 300 formum? Why not use a little logic and put it where all posts about software would be? Doh

    Sorry for the negativity, but it's getting rediculous
    You have a valid point, christo1970.

    OTOH, if you click on "Treo Models" and then click "New Posts" as I try to usually do, it won't make any difference where the message and advice appears - you'll catch all the new posts. The same would apply to word searches, if you start from "Treo Models" instead of "Treo 300"

    Regards,

    Nate
    S
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    I guess since you've been here since... wow... October... you know best. Let's just make the whole website just for YOU and your 300. I wouldn't pay attention to your posts either, for one reason- you admit you don't know a thing about Pda's. I was just trying to help man. I won't go into the 300 forums at all, so you will hopefully get your information from someone who's been a member since say..... Septemer
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  5. #5  
    I couldn't agree with you more christo1970!
    I had I guy get testy with me the other day cuz I'm a 270 owner and I was answering a question in the 300 forum. A question that was supposedly unrelated to the 270!

    Gee,
    Maybe I'm done trying to help out all of these 300 newbies who think they know it all after 10 posts on this board!
    This is a great forum and I've learned a hell of a lot after, let's see 450 some posts!
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by christo1970
    None of them seem to post in the correct forums. The moderators aren't correcting it either.

    IF YOU OWN A 300 - PLEASE THINK AND LOOK A LITTLE BIT BEFORE JUST POSTING TO THE 300 FORUM!!!!

    it's easier to find pertinent posts, and you will get your questions answered quicker, probably by those of us with a 270!

    example: Why put a post about ringer programs under the 300 formum? Why not use a little logic and put it where all posts about software would be? Doh

    Sorry for the negativity, but it's getting rediculous
    I think the only moron here, is you! Get a life and quit taking this board so serious. If you try posting something in a civil manner, maybe more people would listen.
  7. #7  
    well, another person for my 'ignore' list... at least then you don't have to read the insulting negative remarks. maybe we should send out a copy of 'how to win friends and influence people'...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  8.    #8  
    My thread title did not accuse you all of being morons - it was a question. I know many of you are new to us, but take the time to look around, search for your question if it's not a new one. Try to post in the right forum, so someone with the answer will read it and give you your answer. The Treo has been out since way back, Handspring even further. I love this site, check it religiously day after day, year after year. We all try to help eachother, because all questions are valid and pretty much apply to all Handspring owners. Sorry for ruffling some feathers, but there are way too many threads in here that need to be in the right place, or we all lose.
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  9. #9  
    I post everything to the 300 forum because from what I've read, there are a lot of programs that work on the 270, but NOT the 300. TCRinger is one example.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by christo1970
    My thread title did not accuse you all of being morons - it was a question. I know many of you are new to us, but take the time to look around, search for your question if it's not a new one. Try to post in the right forum, so someone with the answer will read it and give you your answer. The Treo has been out since way back, Handspring even further. I love this site, check it religiously day after day, year after year. We all try to help eachother, because all questions are valid and pretty much apply to all Handspring owners. Sorry for ruffling some feathers, but there are way too many threads in here that need to be in the right place, or we all lose.
    christo1970, I understand what you are saying. It was natural for the forum labeled "Treo 300" to become a magnet and now a habit, for everyone who purchased this model, because its features were somewhat different, the whole setup and initial problems with Sprint were unique to Treo 300 purchasers, etc. etc. And even when it comes to some software, for example ringtones, what worked for 270s and 180s didn't work for 300s and we were all seekers of help for the unique problems and challenges of being 300 owners.

    But, now that things have settled down and the emphasis on troubles with Sprint is fading away thank goodness from being the primary concern etc. etc., maybe the board operators would do well to consider re-structuring the boards and putting all Treo boards under the same setting. Otherwise, I think that it is just human nature for new 300 purchasers to be drawn to the 300 board when they first discover TreoCentral, and then stay there by force of habit, perhaps missing the value of sharing information and experiences amongst a larger group of Treo owners, as you point out.

    Food for thought anyway.

    Regards,

    NateS

    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  11. #11  
    Thank You for the apology.

    I do agree with you that we must use the "Search" feature of the board before posting. If I see a question being asked, that was previously posted, I will do a search and post that link to the answer. It's all about helping each other I guess.
    Have a nice Weekend!!
    a2rob
  12. #12  
    To use your example, isn't the ringing different for Treo 300 and Treo 270? I think there are several programs that have major problems for the 300, but work for the 270. Some of the technical questions make sense to be on the Treo 300, but you are right in general. I'd recommend a specific Palm OS software seeing how most everyone (except for the 90 owners) have the same OS and can run the same software. A mailer program should mostly be the same on any of the Treos/Visors with the exception of always on internet.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by nospleen


    I think the only moron here, is you! Get a life and quit taking this board so serious. If you try posting something in a civil manner, maybe more people would listen.
    It's called "netiquette" follow it. There are certain unwritten rules and ways things should be done on the internet. Posting in the proper forum is not too much to ask.

    You bought a Treo to be more organized. Wouldn't it serve everyone better if the forum was organized? There are certain "folders", if you will, that pertain to different subjects. Post it in the correct one. Would you file a personal contact under the business category on your Treo. I certainly hope not
  14.    #14  
    but really, MOST software does work on all treos. The software also works on all Visors, or any other PDA with a Palm OS. I used to have a Visor Solo and moved everything to my color Prism. My dad beamed me software from his Palm V. Then I moved everything from my Prism to my Treo. No problems. It's only the radio that is different in the treos. the 300 uses cdma right? 270 and 180 use gsm right? Same difference in Nokia phones that run on Sprint or ATT, or Verizon, Cingular. Just the way it gets to the signal. I know i've read posts about Sprint having trouble with SMS and i guess ringers too. But other than that, seems to me like all palm software will work on all our treos.
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by christo1970
    It's only the radio that is different in the treos. the 300 uses cdma right? 270 and 180 use gsm right? Same difference in Nokia phones that run on Sprint or ATT, or Verizon, Cingular. Just the way it gets to the signal. I know i've read posts about Sprint having trouble with SMS and i guess ringers too. But other than that, seems to me like all palm software will work on all our treos.
    Yes, the radio is different in the 300 vs 180/270, but also the underlying software that runs the phone, ringers, SMS, network, etc. As a developer, the Treo 300 has given me more problems than the 180 did which translates into end users having more/different issues on the 300 than the 180/270. While some posts are put in the wrong category, I personally don't mind anything about the 300 put in the 300 forum. For me, I check new posts in all the forums, anyway, so the organization isn't a big deal. It's really quite hard for a user to determine if their issue is a Treo 300 one, Treo 180/270 one, one common to both, or one that is Palm OS specific.
  16. #16  
    errant post
  17. #17  
    I think the only 'moron' is someone who makes demands on how other people, who are getting along just fine, should interact with each other, when they're quite happy with it.

    One more person trying to control everyone else's lives. Ignore list.
  18. #18  
    Well I own a Treo 300, so I guess I'm a moron. Sorry if any posts I've made might have set you off. BTW - like your picture, don't know that I've ever seen someone post their own picture in postings in a MB. Kind of full of yourself, aren't you.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by christo1970


    example: Why put a post about ringer programs under the 300 formum? Why not use a little logic and put it where all posts about software would be? Doh
    Don't you realize the 300 uses a different ringer setup than the rest? Doh
  20. #20  
    Why, oh why, are some people so open to posting a thread that starts such negativity...

    Since we all own Treo 300's, I really don't see a reason NOT to post our questions in this forum.

    And now that the thread has started, we now have another 15-20 posts that are wasting space.... Way to go!

    NCTreo300 (and no, it's not my picture )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions