Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I looked in the 300 forum, please tell me how the following threads relate to ONLY the 300:

Blazer
    Mail
    Backlight
    free programs
    yahoo/aol IM
    Overclocking
    hot sync
    mobile office
    vnc
    headset
    jog dial
    launchers
    hacks
    pqa
    styli

????

I could think of much better places to put these things, but they are ALL under the 300 forum - plus many more.
    it seems like this board, which used to be for Visors, then Treos, is now just for 300 people? Why not just call it Treo300Central? My point is that the 300 is the newest model and most people new to this board got the 300 (lack of experience?) The hardcore Handspring owners have been around alot longer, and many still use the older models. But we all still have the same questions and problems - it's just harder to find pertinent info. Why should I have to read through a 300 thread for info on a new stylus, when if it's a good stylus or something it could apply to all treo users?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    christo1970,

After reading your initial post, I doubt anyone is going to take your questions on this matter seriously.

My unsolicited suggestion is that you take a break from this line of inquiry for a while. Regroup and then if you still feel the same way, try again in another month or so (perhaps rephrasing your question would help).

My intent is not to belittle you in any way, we all need a break once in a while.
    If so many hardcore Handspring users are here, then perhaps this URL should be www.handspringcentral.com? The name says it all: TREOcentral.com

You bring yourself back to your opening post Christo...you don't necessarily HAVE to read through a 300 post for a stylus question, you could search the entire board and find all posts for it...use a little logic.

NCTreo300
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I m certain if I went looking in the other Treo model forums, I would find something that doesn't belong there. I would suggest all of us move on to something more productive. If you have a complaint, take it up with a moderator.
  5.    #25  
    The original intent of my post was not to call you 300 owners morons! I wanted people to just look at the thread. With about 500 active threads under 300 forum, i figured it would catch an eye or two. The people who do love their Treos will stick around, they'll see when a new model gets released. I just was hoping that when searching new posts, I'd see a little more variety of forums being used. I want to quickly get through the new info. If every new post is in the 300 forum, I can't tell if the thread is about a real issue or just 300 specific. I don't want to read through every thread to find out the topic really just applies to the 300. I'm done here,

thanks for reading!
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    It's unfortunate that Christo1970 (et al) hold the opinion (assumption?) that ALL users of the Treo 300 will instinctively *know* that the Palm platform of the Treo 300 is shared with the Treo 270 and 180.

It is also unfortunate that while they do share the same platform, there are still differences within the technology that is unique to each model making them "different" from one another. These differences have manifested themselves in applications that do not necessarily cross the boundary between models flawlessly.

As a Treo 300 user - I post all of my questions and responses in the Treo 300 forum. If Treo 270 or 180 users want to look through here and take part in the discussion - fine. If the information shared here is redundant or can be found in other forums, oh well.

The information shared here is free for the taking and as such you should expect to get exactly what you paid for it whether you have been here for 2 years or two minutes.
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    I just ordered a Treo 300 and was quite excited about joining the Palm community. In looking for advice/suggestions,etc. I began reading this forum (I'm a current ipaq user and have gotten considerable information using forums). It was my unfortunate luck that this was the 1st topic I read. I was neither surprised or dissapointed that someone would start such a post (idiots abound, simply can't avoid them). But frankly I was shocked that so many people seemed to agree with christ01970's sentiments. If your goal is to limit this community to only those people who are as "smart" as you, then you are well on your way. If your sentiments are common to this community then I will simply find my information/advice elsewhere.

I do have one suggestion. Maybe instead of hijacking this forum you could start one of your own and only allow super-smart people such as yourself to join. Then maybe the rest of us less intelligent unfortunate saps could wallow in mediocrity without your judgemental babble. I mean after all, you have been here the longest.
  8.    #28  
    Geeze man! I was just trying to get the newbies to follow the protocol.

300 owners ARE NOT ALL MORONS. Some of us own 270's! I can probably put myself in this category now, I wanted a color Treo SOOOOO bad, way back after the 180 got released. My backlight died today This was a known issue, but I thought I'd been lucky enough to avoid it. Well, because handspring is sooo cool, my replacement is on it's way. I can call myself a moron without feeling bad, but I guess if no one took the chance on the 180 or 270, there wouldn't be so many others now buying them.

Can we kill this thread now, point made, thank you!
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I guess this makes Christo the Treo Nazi...

"No posts for you"!!
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Geeze man! I was just trying to get the newbies to follow the protocol.

300 owners ARE NOT ALL MORONS. Some of us own 270's! I can probably put myself in this category now, I wanted a color Treo SOOOOO bad, way back after the 180 got released. My backlight died today This was a known issue, but I thought I'd been lucky enough to avoid it. Well, because handspring is sooo cool, my replacement is on it's way. I can call myself a moron without feeling bad, but I guess if no one took the chance on the 180 or 270, there wouldn't be so many others now buying them.

Can we kill this thread now, point made, thank you!
    I agree this is enough already! I accept your apology, upon behalf of all Treo 300 owners, part, present or future, dead or alive, including both those willing and unwilling to forgive you individually, and whether they like it or not. You are forgiven!

As said in the beginning, you had a technically valid point, which was lost in the unfortunate title and lead-off you selected for your post and, as a practical matter, the Treo 300 forum title is a natural magnet for all new Treo purchasers and it is likely to stay that way, particularly because of problems unique to SprintPCS and certain special software and hardware challenges unique to this model, but I don't for a minute doubt that Treo 300 users who only come here, without checking the other Treo and software forums, are missing some opportunities to get answers which apply to all models and Palm software in general. That is why I usually try to go to the Discussion root and hit "New Posts" but maybe it is time for the great people who created and run this forum to consider the possibility of putting us all together in one big forum. Or maybe not - they know best.

As Eisenhour (I know, before your time) once said: "If the kids won't walk where the sidewalks are, why don't we put the sidewalks where the kids walk?"

In the meantime, if you will also consider using the above effortless search method, you might consider consider answering or posting questions here too which apply to us all, when you spot them in the list of New Posts.

NateS

Regards,
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12