1.    #1  
    I Have the treo 300 but not sure if i should buy ringo or another app anybody have a suggestion or comment about app that works well with the treo
    Last edited by darkfox3; 11/23/2002 at 01:41 PM.
    Why don't you post your thread under the correct forum???
    Do 3rd party ringer apps only work for the 300? Try again dude! It SUCKS to try to find new posts of interest and then every one who has a 300 just posts under that forum. That is why there are forum names! And where's the moderators been? they should see this happening and FIX it.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, but I thought I was in the treo 300 discussion so I was asking about the treo 300 ringers.
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Why don't you post your thread under the correct forum???
    Do 3rd party ringer apps only work for the 300? Try again dude! It SUCKS to try to find new posts of interest and then every one who has a 300 just posts under that forum. That is why there are forum names! And where's the moderators been? they should see this happening and FIX it.
    Calm down there; currently there are NO ringer products that function 100% on the Treo 300. They work fine on the Treo 180/270, but not on the 300 because Handspring hasn't published the necessary information for developrers to finish/fix their products.

So, this topic is quite appropriate (in my opinion) for this forum. "Which Ringer to buy for the Treo 300?" is much different than "Which Ringer to buy for the Treo 180/270?" because the current answer for the Treo 300 is probably...don't buy any and wait. For the 180/270, it is a matter of opinion.
  5.    #5  
    Scott thanks for the reply and the great forum. I only wish sprint was as helpful as this site
    Dude, take a look at the new posts. Are you telling me that the 300 is THAT different from the others? 90% of the posts in the forum could apply to any Treo. A discussion on ringers that don't come with the Treo would logically go under Utility Software. If you look at the people posting this nonsense under the 300 forum - they've been a member of Treo Central (Visor Central) for perhaps 2 months. It seems like it would save everyone time and effort to only read the posts according to their content. Why should I (270 owner) have to go into the 300 forum to help someone with a simple question about Blazer? Does Blazer only work on the 300? No, so why is the question posted there?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Dude, take a look at the new posts. Are you telling me that the 300 is THAT different from the others?
    Yes, it is quite different. Things that work on other Treos may not work on the 300 or work differently. The Treo 300 is a whole lot different to program than the 180/270. I've programmed for both.

I understand your concerns, but in this case, Ringer programs for the 300 are not the same as the 180/270.
    Originally posted by darkfox3
    Scott thanks for the reply and the great forum. I only wish sprint was as helpful as this site
    Sprint will be as helpful as this site when Microsoft is as helpful as the Windows user forums!

Actually, compared to Microsoft, Sprint comes off pretty good by comparison!

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I have to agree. Things on the 300 work quite differently from the other Treos. Additionally, if you're asking a question about something, you obviously can't be confident it's the exact sme on all Treos.

I'm quite comfortable with all Treo 300 posters posting to the Treo 300 forum.

After all, do I really want to have to go to a half dozen other forums and dig through things that don't apply to the Treo 300, just to help out the occasional Treo 300 user?