1.    #1  
    One of the nicest features for me with the phone part of the Treo is the speakerphone. I use it all the time. Is there anyway to have this turned on automatically for all calls rather than having to turn it on manually each time you place or receive a call?
    Last edited by WolfpackFan; 11/23/2002 at 11:44 AM.
    Hmm, from how tinny and not-loud my speakerphone is, I'm beginning to wonder if the speaker on my Treo 300 is blown out. Sounds just fine for normal conversation, but the speakerphone is nonimal. Works for voicemail, but I wouldn't want to use it for a discussion where I need to hear intonations of someone's voice.

Wish I knew another local Treo owner -- don't want to exchange it if it's not defective.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm a new Treo 300 owner (2 days now and counting).

I also find the speakerphone tinny and not loud when on a call. So I also wondering if the unit was defective or the speaker just sucked.

I know the speaker works in general because when I was previewing ringtones with Ringo, it was blaringly loud. So I'm guessing it's just poor software implementation on the speakerphone side.

--Les
    what are the loudest ringers? I need one I can hear
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    The speakerphone on mine sounds loud and clear.
    Make sure the output volume on your speakerphone is high

You adjust this by.............while your spearkerphone is turned on, press the middle (up and down) buttons on the bottom of the treo.........while pressing, a volume menu will appear on the Treo's screen...........put it all the way up, and you'll have one loud, but awesome, speaker phone
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    The speakerphone is known to be tinny sounding, it is not just your phone. It is not defective.

As for loudest ringer, by far it is the ringer called 'Treo'
    Unlike some other Treo users, I can hear my speakerphone fine traveling down the highway. Maybe try adjusting the volume of it while it's on (it is separate from the regular speaker volume).
    Having had three Treo-300's I can comment on this;
    The first one had a great speakerphone. It was loud and clear. The problem is that the ESN was hung up in the Data Servers so the data mode would not work.

The second one had a terrible speakerphone that was barely audible. This one got returned.

The third phone (current) has a speakerphone feature that is not quite as good as the first. It get's tinny when I turn the volume all the way up. It will do. I do use the speakerphone while on the road and it works relatively well while driving.

Treos - not all created equal.
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    My speakerphone will do for sitting on a table writing something down, but it's very harsh only the ears. I wince. I keep it at about two thirds volume because if I put it up to max, it just sounds like a shrill, grating, staticky sound due to distortion, not a voice.

Definitely not loud enough to use on the freeway.. but still somewhat useful.
    I found that once the call started, the speakerphone was fine even in a car... The weird thing is that you can barely hear the rings as you are making the call, but once they pick up, it's fine...

Or mostly fine... It could be a lot better but it will do
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    My speakerphone sound isn't the best. Not natural, almost screachy. I also can barely hear people through normal phone use. Sprint tested my phone out to be normal. Beats me and it really sucks.

I stick to the headset, which works much better for me.
    To "automatically" get speakerphone to go on - just press the spacebar.

rquetzal
    Originally posted by rquetzal
    To "automatically" get speakerphone to go on - just press the spacebar.

rquetzal
    Excellent tip!

I've used my speakerphone in a conferance call and it worked great.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by chuhsi
    My speakerphone sound isn't the best. Not natural, almost screachy. I also can barely hear people through normal phone use. Sprint tested my phone out to be normal. Beats me and it really sucks.

I stick to the headset, which works much better for me.
    You must be deaf!