1.    #1  
    I bet/hope there is a simple and obvious answer to this one, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I've got my screen set to go dark after three minutes of inactivity. I think this is the advisable maximum to avoid running the battery down too fast.

But after it goes dark, I can't figure out how to simply re-illuminate the screen and pick up where I left off.

I tried by both logic and simple trial-and-error, but some button presses do nothing, while others briefly show me where I was but quickly move on to the app designated by my button press and I lose what I was working on after being teased by seeing it first for a split second.

It seems like I ought to be able to hit the space bar or something else relatively benign to simply re-illuminate the screen without losing my place.

What is it I'm overlooking?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Just press the power button once. This will turn the display backlight on again exactly where you were before.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Just press the power button once. This will turn the display backlight on again exactly where you were before.
    What a great tip! Thank you very much!

This forum has turned into sort of a Treo Genius Bar.

Sure appreciate it.

Regards,

Nate S

Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for that tip, Millerhifi.
    Is there a way to keep the screen on when in the cradle? My old V had that feature, but I didn't find anything on the User manual for the Treo.
    Open a new memo:

Type the following into the new memo:

:shortcut: .3 without any spaces.

The :shortcut: is keyed by pressing "s" then the list key button "...".

The text will then change to "[No Auto-off]"

How long this lasts I do not know. But it should work if you do that, then start your program.

I think that there are hacks out there that will work too, don't recall the names
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Cool!
    There are so many little things that I didn't even know I was used to using.
    Thank you very much!
    there's a hack called 'OnCradleOn' - search for it on PalmGear or wherever. It keeps the power to the unit on when in the cradle.
    (I found, though, that with TreoMail, having the unit kept on via that program disabled, somehow, my auto e-mail polling).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The fix that Millerhifi gave is still working fine. On with the cover open, off if it's closed.
    That's what I needed.