1.    #1  
    So this morning I turnon on my phone only to find the "please wait" screen. After a few minutes, I did a soft reset which produced the screen flashing a blue screen and the "palm" screen. i tried a couple more soft's and then after a while had to do the Hard reset. Has anyone had to do this too? This really pissed me off about the Treo, to the point that I am considering selling it. Why have a device that losese its data (etc. )? Yes I can sync it back up, but for now it is an annoyence regarding phone book etc...
    There was a topic on this a while back. It may be a program that you installed that is causing a conflict. I had this happen once before but my re-install was painless w/ Backup Buddy software. I highly recommend this software for that purpose.
    Originally posted by Miles Davis
    So this morning I turnon on my phone only to find the "please wait" screen. After a few minutes, I did a soft reset which produced the screen flashing a blue screen and the "palm" screen. i tried a couple more soft's and then after a while had to do the Hard reset. Has anyone had to do this too? This really pissed me off about the Treo, to the point that I am considering selling it. Why have a device that losese its data (etc. )? Yes I can sync it back up, but for now it is an annoyence regarding phone book etc...
    Miles, might you not be over-reacting a bit here? Why expect an ingenious little tiny handheld computer to be more technologically foolproof than the full-size computer on your desk or in your lap? Until the day of foolproof computers (which incidentally doesn't seem to have arrived yet even for automobiles, etc.), why hold this ingenious tiny little Treo to an impossibly higher standard? How many times has this happened to your Treo? Of course, you run backups routinely, right? And how long does it take to restore from your current backup, compared to restoring from a similar disaster on your Windows machine?

Now, if this keeps happening, that would be a different story and you would have a right to get it replaced as a defective unit, because this isn't typical.

Relax and have a great weekeend!

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    What I want to know is, what are you doing to your Treo that would cause this to happen, when clearly the vast majority of customers experience no such troubles.

Regarding your threat to sell it: good luck trying to find something better. Or maybe the exceptional features of the Treo don't really hold any value for you, in which case you'd proably be better off with something simpler anyway.
    don't forget there is another re-set. i sort of found it by accident though i'm sure others know more about it than i do. in my own head i call it a 'warm reset'

you press the reset button on the back while holding the power button down. this seems to take care of some situations that a cold reset does not, while not wiping out your data.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  6.    #6  
    No, I like the Palm functionality (if I sold it, I would wait for a 7135, although being a Palm it might have problems too). I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I'll sync my stuff and try again
    What kinds of Backup programs are there?
    Originally posted by Miles Davis
    No, I like the Palm functionality (if I sold it, I would wait for a 7135, although being a Palm it might have problems too). I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I'll sync my stuff and try again
    What kinds of Backup programs are there?
    Hi Miles!
    There is one which came with your Treo, but I would recommend Backup Buddy as better.

Just think, wouldn't it be something if when you bought your new car, there was a program which when connected to your computer would save a duplicate of every part on your car, and when something went wrong, instead of towing it to your repair shop and spending $300-1500 for repairs, you would just connect your car to your computer, run "restore" and the program would remove the part that was broken and install a perfect new replacement part at no cost and everything would be humming again?

You can do that with your Treo, or for that matter any Palm OS device.

Regards,

Nates
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!