1.    #1  
    It's Friday night, and quite late -- admittedly I have had a few too many glasses of wine and am, well, buzzed. However, I made a call this evening to "show off" my Treo300 -- and my "Speaker Phone" button is now missing... I swear that was an olive in my Martini, but perhaps it was my missing "Speaker Phone" button :/

Simply switching the ringer switch back to on did not fix the issue, I had to reset also to get my "Speaker Phone" button to re-appear.

... room spinning ... must sleep ...

-Serp.
  2. jmw
    Originally posted by Serpico
    It's Friday night, and quite late -- admittedly I have had a few too many glasses of wine and am, well, buzzed. However, I made a call this evening to "show off" my Treo300 -- and my "Speaker Phone" button is now missing... I swear that was an olive in my Martini, but perhaps it was my missing "Speaker Phone" button :/

Simply switching the ringer switch back to on did not fix the issue, I had to reset also to get my "Speaker Phone" button to re-appear.

... room spinning ... must sleep ...

-Serp.
    The only time i've noticed that the speakerphone button disappears is when the headset is plugged in. Was yours plugged in?
  3.    #3  
    Nope ... it wasn't plugged in. Since then there hasn't been a problem.. dunno.
    Serpico, jmw:
    I've noticed that too. I have a Body Glove headset from RadioShack. I've noticed that once you plug in the headphone and start listening and speaking into it, it'll work fine. However, when I unplug it, and make a call or receive a call, the speakerphone button is missing. Sometimes soft-resetting the phone works, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time, if I plug the headset in, and plug it back out, something happens, and the speakerphone button reappears. Anyone having the same problem? Anyone know of any solutions? This a Treo hardware issue? or is it it does not like generic headset plugged in?

-jay
    I had that symptom after I'd gotten my Treo 300 a little bit wet... with salt water.

After I realized that my Treo was sitting in a little puddle of Atlantic Ocean, I opened up the Treo up and carefully cleaned and dried everything that looked like it had been wet, and at first I thought it was healthy. But then the "Speaker Phone" button went away. I sumrised that the cause was a bit of salt in the headset jack. I found that it would work if I jamed a wooden toothpick into the headset jack, just right. So I opened up the Treo again, and very thoroughly flushed out the headset jack with fresh water and then with distilled water, and dried it thoroughly, and the problem went away.

-Dave