View Poll Results: When Did you buy your 300?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aug

51 28.98%
  • Sept

15 8.52%
  • Oct

32 18.18%
  • Nov

51 28.98%
  • Dec??

27 15.34%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks Kw Smith for your answer.
    Figuring out how to interprete the relatively low level of December numbers is quite difficult. Does the fact that a number of Treos are probably being given as gifts mean that less users are likely to visit Treo Central because they haven't been researching their Treo on Treocentral in advance? Does the gift idea also delay when a number of people received their units? It seems likely that there are more mainstream users starting to buy Treos now, so that the percentage of treo central users versus total users is probably running significantly lower.

In the alternative, it is possible that the Treo 300 suffered a real setback in December. One reason I don't think that has happened is that on Amazon, sales of the Treo 300 have remained strong throughout December, moving down only two or three spaces from the November quarter.

Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?
    It took me a month to find Treocentral. Wasn't really looking for it, just kinda found my way here. December (poll) numbers will kick in late Jan, maybe even Feb is my guess.. Since were at it, my guess for Dec. numbers by Feb. 1 will be 62.

I bought my 300 November 6, did the poll here around Dec 10.

Happy Hollidays......
    Thanks Packerfan. I appreciate your insight!

It would be very interesting to learn the normal gap between when one bought his treo and when they posted in this survey.
    For me it was about one month. Getting the coolest software, getting common questions answered were primary to doing the (when you buy your treo) survey. 65 is that what I guessed? Might be a little conservative. 1.5 x's (32 days) = 48 + (19 Dec #'s to date) for the month until Febuary 1st thats 67 now .

Happy Hollidays<<< that is how we spell it in Wisconsin.

All Packer fans know that..
    I happen to have the survey numbers for November 25th. They were

August 24
    Sept 7
    October 17
    November 33

So what happened 30 days ago or so was a doubling of August and September. 80% increase in October, and 50% increase in November. Based on that, it would seem that December will be about 30 in a month. But I am guessing that there are an extra 1/3rd of the buyers who take a month or two to find their way to the site as you suggest. So I would seeem that the answer is about 40 buyers in December.

Regards.
    bump
    bump
    dude, stop bumping this. no one cares when people bought the f-ing treo.
    Originally posted by quake8
    dude, stop bumping this. no one cares when people bought the f-ing treo.
    Actually Quake "no one cares" is not accurate. I obviously care when people bought treos and people who voluntarily respond to the survey are doing so of their own free will. So how does driving this thread back to top so new purchasers can respond, screw you up?
    Bought a Treo 90 in October, and loved it. Quickly wanted the Treo 300, but didn't think Sprint coverage was good enough here in rural NH. A friend in town already had a Sprint phone, and he said coverage was good enough.

So I kept up the heavy hinting, and my wife told me in no uncertain terms that I was not getting a Treo 300 for XMAS. Then I got to my last present on Christmas morning, and boom! a Treo 300 staring at me.

I love this thing. Coverage is much better than I thought, and now I have a phone/pda/web browser/email device all in one.

Now if they would just add a built in camera, FRS frequency, mp3 capability, OS5, voice recording, hi res screen, and SD card capability, I'd be completely happy.

Cluemeister
    I doubt the mp3, and built in camera are happening any time soon. (Camera will probably be an Sdio attachment like what is available on the Treo 90). But it seems very likely that a hi res screen, SDIO slot, and OS5 are the works for the next generation.
    Bump
    bump
    Had to wait until my plan was almost up (March). I went into the PCS store on Saturday and informed the clerk I wanted to purchase the treo, but only pay $300 (matching the Bestbuy deal). He said their price was $450 and that I would have to use the red phone. I contacted customer service and told them I wanted to get the Bestbuy price and that I would accept the difference as a credit. I noted that there were several similar devices on other networks and that my plan would be up soon. The phone rep explained the situation to a rep in their cancellation department and I received the credit. This all happened pretty quickly.

Very happy with Sprint (and think its a good deal for both me and the company).

Final price $300 and I am on the new plan.

Thanks
    Josh
    Originally posted by uppercuts
    The phone rep explained the situation to a rep in their cancellation department and I received the credit. This all happened pretty quickly.

Very happy with Sprint (and think its a good deal for both me and the company).

Final price $300 and I am on the new plan.
    I like the way you handled it uppercuts. You outlined a nice clean way to acquire a Treo from someone that is motivated to provide strong support for the phone. In addition, you didn't have to wait for your contract to expire.
    bump
    bump
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234