View Poll Results: When Did you buy your 300?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aug

51 28.98%
  • Sept

15 8.52%
  • Oct

32 18.18%
  • Nov

51 28.98%
  • Dec??

27 15.34%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [i]It was a combination of the under $400 price, unlimited data, and keyboard that got me. [/B]

What other devices were you considering or what it Treo or wait for the 7135?
    Originally posted by nchargreed
    , but all in all with the new 3G Vision plan, faster data speeds, polyphonic ringers and better colors, I am quickly getting used to my new toy.
    Did you browse the internet and do emails using the samsung? Can you tell me about any data download speeds variance between the the Samsung and the Treo? Also did the samsung use the same version of Blazer browser, or did it use an earlier version or a different browser?
    Hey Dave:

Lets say that there are 16,000 Treo central subscribers and 80,000 english speaking Treo device owners so that the ratio is 5 to 1. It fundamentally seems like as the percentage of early adopters drops and the percentage of mainstream users increases, then the percentage of treo central users to Treo owners will also drop. Next quarter the ratio might be 6 to 1, the following quarter 8 to 1.

To the extent that early adopters as a percentage of Treo owners drops, the treo central survey you fathered actually understates the actual results in the field, because it relies only on Treo Central subscribers as voters and Treo Central subscribers are doomed to represent a smaller and smaller percentage of the overall voter population as the Treo gains popularity.

Wondering if you agree with this theory?

Regards,
    I Just got mine a couple days ago

$350 at microcenter

www.microcenter.com

only had a few of em though

my brother got one a few weeks earlier from them for 280 because it was a return item.

I dont have any idea why they returned it thang works great
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rvwink

What other devices were you considering or what it Treo or wait for the 7135?
    Well, I thought about waiting for the I330, but I didn't like the 256 colors. For some reason, I think the I700 is ugly.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rvwink
    Hey Dave:

Lets say that there are 16,000 Treo central subscribers and 80,000 english speaking Treo device owners so that the ratio is 5 to 1. It fundamentally seems like as the percentage of early adopters drops and the percentage of mainstream users increases, then the percentage of treo central users to Treo owners will also drop. Next quarter the ratio might be 6 to 1, the following quarter 8 to 1.

To the extent that early adopters as a percentage of Treo owners drops, the treo central survey you fathered actually understates the actual results in the field, because it relies only on Treo Central subscribers as voters and Treo Central subscribers are doomed to represent a smaller and smaller percentage of the overall voter population as the Treo gains popularity.

Wondering if you agree with this theory?

Regards,
    I agree with a few of your points and I do think the survey results will be slightly skewed for the reasons you mentioned. I think this thread should stay open for another month or two. (Moderators can Jan & Feb be added?) By then we'll be far enough in to it that what ever month we are in will be a better representation to now than November is to August.

--Dave
    There will also be another type of bias that will cause these results next quarter to not predict reality accurately. My estimate for this quarter is a sell through of 100,000 communicators, 70,000 Treo 300s and 30,000 Treo 270s. Of the Treo 270s maybe 10,000 are sold in the US and the other 20,000 are sold overseas creating an 80-20 domestic to international.

I think the overseas foriegn speaking consumption of Treo is going to grow much more dramatically than the US consumption next quarter. Europe is finally starting to gain momentum and Asia has been doing well for a while. China will kick in next quarter as well as will Mexico. So I think this poll will also understatremiss what I think will be a rising percentage of sales to the international markets for Hand starting next quarter.

We talked early on about the idea that maybe the people who bought back in August didn't hang around. I don't think that was accurate. I think they may show up less frequently, but the very high numbers that we got from 20 days of sales in August, indicate that the pioneer Treo 300 purchasers have hung around in spades.

My original desire to keep this thread going was that initially December revenues looked weak. They have bounced back rather nicely recently and since there is probably a couple of day lag between purchase and posting, December looks back on schedule. Looking forward, I personally would be much more interested in a survey where we broke the sales between retail channel, Hand website, Sprint Stores and other and also got the month purchased as well. Just a thought. I think this thread becomes less compelling if it stays in its present form beyond this month.
    bump
    bump
    bump
    I was going back and fort between this and the Danger Sidekick. Then sprint came out with unlimited vision AND unlimited pcs2pcs. The majority of my call time is to three people which made this a no-brianer for us all.
    Originally posted by kwsmith2
    Then sprint came out with unlimited vision AND unlimited pcs2pcs. The majority of my call time is to three people which made this a no-brianer for us all.
    Can you help me see what the savings are. I know that the savings for unilimited vision are about $10 a month if you do some downloading. What are the savings from unlimited pcs2pcs worth a month for you? Also wasn't the color screen part of your calculations. Did you know that there will be ptt, nextel like push to talk next year which will allow you and your friends to talk to your three friends without actually making calls?
    bump
    bump
    bump
    rvwink-

The savings were huge. My bill last month lists 1117 minutes for pcs2pcs calls.

Combine that with the fact that my Treo is my primary email client and unlimited vision and unlimited pcs2pcs were the deal makers.

I think the vision saves me more than $10. Maybe I only download that much but I doubt it.

The color screen didn't enter that much into mu calculations but know that I have it I realize what a big deal it is. I actually really wish that it was a 65K color screen.
    these numbers mean nothing, I want posts on where I can buy this phone for a good price (existing customer)

WHERE!
  18. lrk
    OK, I'm a sucker: In the poll results, what is the significance of the vari- colored symbols between the name of the month and the raw score? I've been looking for it to be some graph of the outcome, but each symbol is the same size.
    on my computer they are a bar chart on its side, as you say a symbolic graph of the results. maybe you need to make that column wider on your display to see the different lengths. we can't actually change the column size like in excel by dragging the divider, so try viewing it at a higher resolution to allow more info on your screen.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Ebay has treo 300's from legit sellers (un-opened items) from 380 to $450.

WHERE CAN I GET IT CHEAP and local! x-mas is tomorrow!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast