1.    #1  
    My cellular carrier offers no Bluetooth phones but I'm wondering if the combination of Treo90; updater 1.1; Bluetooth SD Card; Jabra Freespeak; and my non bluetooth Samsung cell phone will work ... or am I dreaming ?

Anybody using such a setup ? if so, how significantly does doing so impact on the battery life (phone & Treo) ?
    Why don't you just plug the freespeak into your non bluetooth phone?

That's what the adapters for
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    which is what i am trying to determine ... if i plug the freespeak into my non bluetooth phone ... will a Treo90 with Bluetooth card then be able to "talk to" the cell phone ? Or is the communication capability solely between the "base" and the Jabra headset ?

Originally posted by Real-ity
    Why don't you just plug the freespeak into your non bluetooth phone?

That's what the adapters for
    I don't think your goal is achievable. How would you communicate from the treo90 to your cell phone? And why?
    You can connect a freespeak to the treo 90 but how would you make the link to the non bluetooth cell phone?
    ohhh "talk" as in data communication.

Nope, it plugs into the headset port... so the only transmission would be audio.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
  6.    #6  
    that's the answer I was afraid I was going to hear Darn ... so without bluetooth phone I am sol for data on my treo via Bluetooth. So much for my Xmas present to myself

ohhh "talk" as in data communication.

Nope, it plugs into the headset port... so the only transmission would be audio.
    Could try infrared too for that purpose :\
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Could try infrared too for that purpose :\
    Only if the carrier in question offers IR-enabled phones. Some don't. (I don't know of any from Sprint, for instance.)