1.    #1  
    Someone mentioned to me earlier this week that after two hours of inactivity you will get automatically disconnected from data services. Yet, I've left my phone connected to data all night and all day and I never time out on data.

Is my phone configured right? Does anybody else always stay connected like I do? This being my first month of service on Vision has me all worried I'm going to get a bill for $900 because someone screwed up.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I don't know about the timing-out part, but didn't you sign up for one of the unlimited vision plans? If so, you don't need to worry about the bill.
  3.    #3  
    What actually happened (and what has me worried) is that when I first got the phone the account rep said I couldn't have Vision with the Treo300 so they set up my account without it. Then, later that night after reading these forums I called Sprint back and told them I wanted unlimited Vision. The new rep added it right away.

Yet, I keep fearing that because of the screwup, they are going to charge me out the wazoo. I suppose in the end I could always just complain if it isn't set up right.
    Does the 2 hour limit also apply to cell connectivity? In other words if I don't use the phone for over 2 hours will I still get calls?

Thomas
    Originally posted by tainlay
    Does the 2 hour limit also apply to cell connectivity? In other words if I don't use the phone for over 2 hours will I still get calls?

Thomas
    There is no time out of voice, you should always get your calls if the phone is left on.

CKohler, the data should have timed out after 2 hours of inactivity. Maybe the Treo woke up for some reason and pinged the server which would have kept it live. Are you sure you don't have a program running that accesses the web at a specified time? My data is always on because my e-mail syncs every half hour.
    You mentioned your data syncs every half hour. I'm new to Palm; does that mean that your e-mail prog was the last running when you closed your treo (screen off), or can programs run in the background on the treo?

Also curious:
    What e-mail program are you using, and is there a way to see what apps are running in the background on the palm -- and/or switch between them?

Thanks

L - MyTreo300
  7.    #7  
    The only program I can think of that might be sending data without my knowledge would be the Treo300SMS program. I've disabled it to see if that makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I think Handspring's Treo mail will check for email if you have it set for "automatic."