1.    #1  
    I hope there's a simple answer to this question, but obviously I don't know it.

Is it possible to set an audible tone to alert me when I have voice mail waiting?

(Obviously, the on-screen notifications are fine when you happen to be looking at the screen, but I prefer an audible (and perhaps continual) alert because of missed calls that arrive during an e-mail data session -- after checking e-mail, I may put the Treo aside, not realizing I've missed a call, but an audible alert would let me know.)
    Have you tried Treo Alert Mgr.?

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/default.html
    I have a voicemail tone option under my ringer preferences inside my phone application. Might this be what you want?
    How come I don't see that?

Sound Mode:
    Ring Vol
    Call Tone
    SMS tone
    Vibrate

Silent Mode:
    Vibrate
  5.    #5  
    Ah, that's it. (Under Prefs -> Ringer -> Tones) Thanks.

To the poster who said he didn't see it -- perhaps you have an older Treo. I think Handspring provided a downloadable updater (at least for the 180 and 270) some time ago.
    I have a 270 purchased in June and running the GPRS 1.1 patch..
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I have a 270 purchased in June and running the GPRS 1.1 patch..
    I am using (and my question was about) the Treo 300, which is the topic of this forum. I can only guess that the Treo 270 has different settings for this feature.
    Sorry that I got into the wrong Forum topic! I'll stick with the 270 forum..........
    If I'm not mistaken KRamsauer is not a 300 user (I could be wrong) and based on his comment I figured that I should have the same settings!

Sorry!!!!!
    OOhhh I see from searching through the forums that KRamsauer has upgraded to a 300!!! I was wrong!
    So sorry I'll stay out of this subject.

(Sorry KRamsauer not trying to tangle you into this conversation)
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    OOhhh I see from searching through the forums that KRamsauer has upgraded to a 300!!! I was wrong!
    So sorry I'll stay out of this subject.

(Sorry KRamsauer not trying to tangle you into this conversation)
    I gotcha! Yeah I took advantage of the rebates and my company's rebates to get the 300.