Hi
    im an italian boy
    i'have a big problem my treo 270 when receiving a SMS message bring up the backlight and display on the screen the text of my SMS Message, this is a problem beceause my friend can read my private message
    is possible to have only a ringtone that notify me the incoming SMS message ?

Sorry for my bad english
    ByE
    It is not possible.
    Yep it's a real problem, especially when you're at home, Treo standing on the kitchen's table and the received SMS is "Hi Darling, as agreed I'm waiting for your call as soon as your wife will leave. I miss you, you hot boy ! Cynthia."
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    I ve sent e-mail to the Handspring ITalia that say "there arent a way to resolve this problem, wait the new GPRS Path"
    Chiedo scusa a tutti per l'ottimo italiano ma... mi risulta difficile tutte le volte cercare di spiegarmi vergognosamente male in inglese quidi provo a "postare" in Italiano.
    Non c'è modo di evitare che il tuo sms compaia in primo piano se non... girando il telefono sottosopra quando è appoggiato da qualche parte questo è l'unico modo che sono riuscito a trovare. Conosci invece quqlche altro sw per sostituire l'inutile sw SMS che viene fornito di base??

ciao