1.    #1  
    I can't get images in Blazer to load. In AvantGo they work fine, and if I change the proxy they seem to load sometimes. Any ideas?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I can't get images in Blazer to load. In AvantGo they work fine, and if I change the proxy they seem to load sometimes. Any ideas?
    Look in the blazer preferences, there is a way to turn images on/off and color level to speed up the downloads.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by idfdavid

Look in the blazer preferences, there is a way to turn images on/off and color level to speed up the downloads.
    Right, I know. I've used Blazer on a 180 for months. The problem is regardless of what setting I use, it never downloads the pictures, ever. It always donks out saying "Blazer could not complete the page download...." This is after all the text is loaded, but before the images come up. I'm not trying to download huge pictures, just the graphics that go along with normal handheld-optimized pages.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? I think it may be a server-side issue with the proxy.
  4.    #4  
    Oh, and i can't get to the home page either. When I click on the home icon in Blazer, it goes to what looks like a blank webpage.
  5.    #5  
    I enterred in a proxy server and it seems to work fine. Is no one else having problems with Blazer today?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I enterred in a proxy server and it seems to work fine. Is no one else having problems with Blazer today?
    Any reason you're using a proxy server ?
    Your blazer may have had trouble the first time you went to a url and has the bad page in the cache. Try and refresh the page if it is blank. Just a guess for you to try.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by idfdavid

Any reason you're using a proxy server ?
    Please read the posts above. Not using the server results in all sorts of problems (no images, unable to access home page).
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by netwizard
    Your blazer may have had trouble the first time you went to a url and has the bad page in the cache. Try and refresh the page if it is blank. Just a guess for you to try.
    Nope, I've refressed everything. I'm convinced there is a problem with the proxy server because some pages only load half-way (like the proxy isn't getting the whole page). When I say proxy, I mean the transparent one that everyone uses as the default in Blazer.
    Ok this may also not work as I am not that good at guessing. What about your cache size? Maybe its not set high enough to let blazer on your treo to receive and display all on the page and it grabs all it can but its not enough. This will be my final guess. Hope someone out there is smarter than me or we are all in trouble.
    Do you mean there is one listed in Blazer, or do you mean the "use proxy server" option is blank, and you're simply referring to whatever it is that compresses all the graphics when they go over the Sprint network.

BTW, I have a theory that these servers severely slow Blazer down; there's to much empty space around the data bursts, I wonder if these servers are just overburdened.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    I'm seeing the same problem
    KRamsauer posted about last year --- no images being loaded in Blazer. I went to treocentral.com/mobile, and after completing the page download with 63852 bytes (!!), the banner at the top of the page is still an empty box.

No other sites display images either.

When I click on the "home" icon to go to the home page, I get a blank page.

Once after a soft reset, I was able to get the "home" button to take me to a "PCS Web" page, but the bottom half of the page was corrupted and looked like garbage.

I've had my Treo 300 for four days now (upgraded from a Treo 180), and the first day I saw images in full glorious color, but I haven't seen any images since then. I suspect it's a problem with the Blazer transparent proxy. Sprint customer support didn't know anything more than I do about Blazer. Am I supposed to be seeing color images in Blazer, or is this pretty color screen a waste?