Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Any quick fixes on the switch from web to phone, with the long delay? (or quicker than turning off wireless access and then accessing the phone?)
    There's also a serious delay if the sprint pcs connection goes dormant and then becomes "unavailable", while I'm doing something else. The phone is frozen in a loop, trying to connect. The only fix I've found is the one above.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...5&pagenumber=8
    Found the answer to the second question.
    Thanks, y'all
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hocndoc
    Any quick fixes on the switch from web to phone, with the long delay? (or quicker than turning off wireless access and then accessing the phone?)
    Say what? I switch between browsing and making calls instantly. No delay.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm in the San Antonio, Texas area, and have had the Treo 300 since 11/13. We traveled through Dallas to Greenville Texas over the last two days.
    No matter where I've been, there's a delay of at least 30 secs when I switch to the phone from the web, mail (hotsynced, pre-loaded version), or Treo mail. Switching from the calendar or other usual Palm OS functions is instant.

Any ideas whether the problem is software, service area or the device?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    What browser are you using? When you say "switch to the phone from the web," what do you mean exactly? Are you just in blazer, and then hitting the phone button?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Treo 300 comes with the internet browser, Blazer version 2.1.1. Many of us call that the "web."
    The problem may all be connected to the reset glitch that happens when the Treo connects to Blazer (the web), as it's intermittent today, and only seems to be problem when i can't access blzer - the web - or don't use the Treo for a while: when I open the flip cover, the machine goes into "please wait," and the delay that can't be over-ridden without turning on and off.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hocndoc
    Yes.
    Treo 300 comes with the internet browser, Blazer version 2.1.1. Many of us call that the "web."
    OK.

The problem may all be connected to the reset glitch that happens when the Treo connects to Blazer (the web), as it's intermittent today, and only seems to be problem when i can't access blzer - the web - or don't use the Treo for a while: when I open the flip cover, the machine goes into "please wait," and the delay that can't be over-ridden without turning on and off.
    Weird. Well, just uderstand that this is not "normal" behavior. Or at least I've yet to see it. I can flip back and forth between Blazer (or Xiino or whatever) and the phone app instantly.

And Blazer is not the web, of course. It's an important distinction to make when diagnosing problems like this.