1.    #1  
    Ok so I have yet to get aim to work on my treo without it causing fatal errors. Is there a program I can use for messanging and still have all my aim buddies on the list. Like odigo??
    There's been a lot of threads on this. I still use the free AIM 1.1 build 5. No problems.
    Ditto. Though I'm sure a lot of people are confused when they go to aim.com and see that AOL wants them to buy AIM when it's free on the desktop side.

You can still get version 1.0 for free from the UK AIM site:
    http://www.aol.co.uk/aim/palm/index.html

I've been running this for about a month and it's never crashed.
  4.    #4  
    how do you get the program to run without getting a fatal error do i need to be online first or what?
    For me, I have to be connected to Vision first before I launch AIM otherwise it will crash (fatal error). I'm using the UK AIM version.
  6.    #6  
    ok i install aim from the uk site
    I turn on vision
    once connected i go to aim and bam!!!
    fatal error datamngr index
    it's the l have to wipe my treo before i can use my handset again but remove im all together
    is it possible you have yet another 3rd party program on your treo that could be conflicting? count me as another who uses AIM regularly and has never had a crash (of course, now that i said that...)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Darkfox, I'm not sure what to tell you. When you first got your Treo, did you upgrade from another Palm and automatically hotsync everything over during the install? Or did you install everything from scratch?

That's the only thing I can think of. I had SO MANY fatal errors until I did a hard reset and install everything from scratch.
  9.    #9  
    Wow it works
    after several trial and error sessions i have narrowed down the problem to bejeweled, silver, or one other game. So if anyone has these programs working with aim installed let me know
    I have bejewelled and AIM and I haven't had any AIM problems, except connection problems. Usually a quick connect from another app (Blazer) then gives AIM a push to signon.

I did try SilverScreen as well for a bit but only a day so I can't comment as to if that caused a problem.
    For those of you who use AIM and its works - any Buddies on your list with spaces in the nickname?

Same question for those who crash.

I removed the spaces and/or the buddy and have been running without incident all day.
    >For those of you who use AIM and its works - any Buddies on your list with spaces in the nickname?

None in my list have spaces -- I have been using AIM without a problem.

L - MyTreo300
    darkfox- I have this same maddening issue. If you figure it out, please let me know. I am a heavy AIM using on my laptop and love using it when it work on my Treo300 but when it crashes and I have to do a hard reset - it drives me nuts. It worked for days one time and then randomly I get the same error you mentioned before.
    Originally posted by darkfox3
    Wow it works
    after several trial and error sessions i have narrowed down the problem to bejeweled, silver, or one other game. So if anyone has these programs working with aim installed let me know
    i don't use any of the above but if it helps i use megalauncher as opposed to silver screen and have had no problems. however if its anything like the pc world, suspect the games first.

since one other user said they have bejeweled, sugguest you try removing the remaining game first.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  15.    #15  
    I have the solution... At least I think. I will post my findings tomorrow, but I have to be at work insanely early so I thank everyone in advance for all the comments and the help.
  16.    #16  
    So I'm still digging around. If you have had aim give you fatal error, document on here what programs you have on your palm. Please do not put the default palm software on here just new programs you have downloaded. I believe mine was bejeweled so if we can get a list of other programs that cause the error I can tell you how those programs are designed and why they crash the treo
    darkfox- I probably have 20 other apps on my Treo besides the default ones but not bejeweled including QuickOffice, BigClock, Blazer, PDA Photo, SnapperMail, AAFlights, AcctMgr, Formulas, KBTracker, MacroPlay, Mirror, EnableSMS, XMaster, and 15 different games. I can't remember now which ones of these I had on my Treo when I got the AIM crashes before I removed it. Is there some particular characteristic of an app that you think is causing this?