1.    #1  
    I have the ringer set to loud but they are still hard to hear. Anything I'm missing?
    Yes i have the same problem as well. There are no 'blasting' ringerd to choose from like on regular cell phones. The loudest one (Treo) is often missed when the phone is in my pocket and there in low ambient noise. I hear that the Ringo sounds are not much louder.

This must be an issue with the Treo's design. You think Handspring would know better after releasing two previous models.
    I have the same issue and there's apparently no workaround, other than voiding your warranty and putting in a bigger speaker. =P

Ringo sounds are actually significantly quieter, which is why I don't use them.
    The workaround is posted in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27771
    ETUTREO300
    That workaround is for an unrelated issue.

The people in that thread were experiencing a bug that reduced the volume of their ringer.

Our volumes are the full, correct volumes -- they're just not loud enough. Just a limitation of the device. A crappy one.
    how old is your phone? i just got mine two weeks ago and it's the loudest cell phone i've ever had. may be a firmware issue or they might have changed the speaker itself on the newer phones after getting complaints.

my two cents
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 11/29/2002 at 02:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Mine's loud as crap.
    mine seems loud too, especially compared to my mitsubishi t250. and i am using ringo so i'm usually the only one around whose phone rings with the 'get smart' theme.

i will say that i think they should have a speaker facing out when the unit is closed. that makes it softer...

plus i usually hear and feel it buzzing. don't buy one of these for your wife, you could find yourself alone a lot
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I've had four cell phones before this one and the ringers on my Treo 300 (purchased 31Aug) pale in comparison. Maybe it's because I bought one of the first 300s on the market. Are you guys withthe loud ringers leaving your flip open?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dspinelli
    Are you guys withthe loud ringers leaving your flip open?
    No, if the flip is open, the ringer is substantially quieter. Seemingly on purpose.
    as i posted in another post, i also have noticed that my new treo is definitely louder than the first one i got (day before 3g rollout). also try the ringtones from treoringtones.com (the paid versions are at full volume). these are by far the loudest ringtones i've downloaded from anywhere (well worth $9.95-you can get new ringtones when they become available... all for $9.95!!
    I bought mine from Circuit City on Nov 7th. As a reference point, I think it had the 'old' car charger.

The loudest ringer setting is a decent volume, but not LOUD. About as loud as 'medium' was on my Samsung SCH-3500.

Maybe some units are quieter from the factory and mine is one, I don't know.
  13.    #13  
    mine seems to be louder when the flip is open. I got it Saturday!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    mine seems to be louder when the flip is open. I got it Saturday!!
    No, that's just the sample ring.

The sample ring (3 seconds, played when you choose a different sound) is played at the configured volume, even when the lid is open. And of course it will sound louder because the speaker is facing you.

Try calling your phone with the lid open. It will ring quietly.
    Originally posted by dspinelli
    Yes i have the same problem as well. There are no 'blasting' ringerd to choose from like on regular cell phones. The loudest one (Treo) is often missed when the phone is in my pocket and there in low ambient noise. I hear that the Ringo sounds are not much louder.

This must be an issue with the Treo's design. You think Handspring would know better after releasing two previous models.
    Try the Ringo "Get smart" and "Alfred Hitchcock" sounds which were recommended to me previously on this board by another member. I have a partial hearing loss, I don't wear hearing aids, and I keep my Treo 300 in my right front pants pocket, but I can't miss hearing it loud and clear with those sounds! In fact, everyone else in the room turns around and looks at me when I get a call.

Regards,

Nates
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    i was the one who recommended get smart and hitchcock. does that mean i have to worry that nate and i will be in the same room sometime and we won't know whose treo is ringing?? that's what i was trying to avoid!!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i was the one who recommended get smart and hitchcock. does that mean i have to worry that nate and i will be in the same room sometime and we won't know whose treo is ringing?? that's what i was trying to avoid!!
    Well, you're in New York and I'm in Ohio. I didn't say they were THAT loud!

Regards,

NateS

PS - Is that your Treo ringing? . . . Or mine?

Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  18.    #18  
    where do I find the getsmart and hithcock?
    they are part of the collection you buy for $9.95 at palmgsm.net. the price includes future updates, so it seems like a good deal, and they are working on refining and improving the tones.
  20.    #20  
    ok the problem is that the standard treo ringers suck. the new ringers I put in are LOUD