Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got to looking at the Amazon and Sprint rebate forms and have a couple of questions. The Amazon form says that you have to include a copy of your first month's service bill with activation. Does this mean I have to wait an entire month for my first Sprint bill to arrive before I can file for this rebate? Second question, the Sprint rebate certificate says "1. Mail the original certificate ...". Does this include printed off forms from the Amazon site or do I have to get a real printed form from Sprint somehow. I know these are picky questions, but I've dealt with rebates before and know you have to really read the fine print or sometimes you don't get your rebate. And since we are really dealing with a fair amount of money here I don't want to take any chances. Thanks.
    Originally posted by WolfpackFan
    I got to looking at the Amazon and Sprint rebate forms and have a couple of questions. The Amazon form says that you have to include a copy of your first month's service bill with activation. Does this mean I have to wait an entire month for my first Sprint bill to arrive before I can file for this rebate? Second question, the Sprint rebate certificate says "1. Mail the original certificate ...". Does this include printed off forms from the Amazon site or do I have to get a real printed form from Sprint somehow. I know these are picky questions, but I've dealt with rebates before and know you have to really read the fine print or sometimes you don't get your rebate. And since we are really dealing with a fair amount of money here I don't want to take any chances. Thanks.
    I am going through the same thing...and I'm going to wait for my first bill until I submit the rebate forms. They don't expire in that timeperiod, so I'm just going to follow the directions.

In regards to your second question, I assumed that printed copies of the Amazon form are acceptable since that is all I was presented (i.e. they didn't mail me any forms with my Treo).
    According to Sprint, using a printout off of Amazon's site is fine for the rebate. However, until I get my check, I'll remain suspicious.
    I know exactly what you mean...I am suspicious of the Sprint rebate without the official form. But I guess I have no other choice...

Were any of you able to get you money from Sprint with the Amazon copy?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    I bought mine through CompUSA to get it cheaper, but I stopped at a Sprint Store to get a copy of their rebate forme. I didn't want to take any chances.
    I thought Sprint rebates were in store for a net price of $299 out the door?
    It doesn't matter, because you will NEVER get your Amazon rebate. I purchased a Treo 300 in November 2002. I am still fighting to get my $200 rebate!!!.

Of course I kept copies of everything because I knew this would happen. I have contacted their rebate center a dozen times and re-faxed my papers (per their instructions) 4 times!!! And since the last time (about 2 weeks ago) I still do not show up on their rebatestatus.com website, so I have a feeling I won't be receiving it anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Originally posted by slffl
    And since the last time (about 2 weeks ago) I still do not show up on their rebatestatus.com website, so I have a feeling I won't be receiving it anytime soon.
    do you not show up at ALL, or does your rebate not show up yet as being completed?

i sent mine in less than 4 weeks ago, and i'm on the site. i've noticed that you have to be VERY specific in following the directions in the "locate your rebate" section.

peace,
    Tree
    Originally posted by Treesham

do you not show up at ALL, or does your rebate not show up yet as being completed?
    I don't show up at all. I've tried every combo of address and name. I've spoke with the same CSR a couple of times. The last time she even had me put ATTN to her supervisor and herself on the fax.

Once I get this rebate ( and I WILL get it one way or another), I'm never buying something based on a rebate again. I would say that at least 50% of rebates I have sent do not get fullfilled until I call them and ask what's up. And I follow all instructions very carefully.
    i purchased end of april and got my amazon rebates last week. must've been lucky (and i followed the requirements to the letter).
    W.r.t. rebates and the PURPOSEFUL scam they are (not just for the TREO, but in general), see my post on this thread:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=34658
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    well, yes, rebates, by design, are meant to confuse and frustrate, and ultimately make the consumer give up.

but one must persevere.

i logged onto the sprint rebate site to find my rebate had been denied because i failed to get a new phone number. even though i clearly had gotten a new number.

i called the rebate line and explained my problem. they asked me the postmark date (or something like that) on the postcard i had received telling me it had been denied.

i told them that i had not received a postcard, but rather, learned from the website that i had been denied.

they told me that they could do nothing until i received a postcard, which was unacceptable to me, so i spoke to a supervisor.

i explained my situation, and within minutes, they had ok'ed my rebate, and now, within 30 days, my check will go out.

all is good.

peace,
    Tree
    It doesn't matter, because you will NEVER get your Amazon rebate. I purchased a Treo 300 in November 2002. I am still fighting to get my $200 rebate!!!.

Of course I kept copies of everything because I knew this would happen. I have contacted their rebate center a dozen times and re-faxed my papers (per their instructions) 4 times!!! And since the last time (about 2 weeks ago) I still do not show up on their rebatestatus.com website, so I have a feeling I won't be receiving it anytime soon.
    I had the same problem regarding the Amazon rebate. Several months of no rebate, and rebatestatus.com claiming they had no record of my application. Here's how I ended up getting my rebate. After contacting rebatestatus.com several times and getting the runaround (e.g., they said they had no record that I had applied for the rebate, told me to fax the forms to them that I had already sent, and then the fax wouldn't go through), I sent an email to Amazon customer service describing all the crap I went through and threatening to report them to my state's Attorney General. They said they would look into it and get back to me within a week. 10 days later, I had to remind them again (and made the same threats). A couple of days later, they said they had contacted the rebate provider (rebatestatus) and told them to expedite my rebate (expedite meant I should get it in another 4 weeks). I did finally get the rebate a couple weeks later.
    I always send all my rebates to them using Certified Return Receipt mail.

So far, over 20 rebates received within 1-2 months without any problems. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

This was a trick I learn from someone who used to work at a rebate center. They give priority to those who mail in rebates using certified mail because there is now PROOF that they received it...AND someone has to sign for it.

Try it, it has worked for me so far.

Dizzy
    Originally posted by gusher1

I had the same problem regarding the Amazon rebate. Several months of no rebate, and rebatestatus.com claiming they had no record of my application. Here's how I ended up getting my rebate. After contacting rebatestatus.com several times and getting the runaround (e.g., they said they had no record that I had applied for the rebate, told me to fax the forms to them that I had already sent, and then the fax wouldn't go through), I sent an email to Amazon customer service describing all the crap I went through and threatening to report them to my state's Attorney General. They said they would look into it and get back to me within a week. 10 days later, I had to remind them again (and made the same threats). A couple of days later, they said they had contacted the rebate provider (rebatestatus) and told them to expedite my rebate (expedite meant I should get it in another 4 weeks). I did finally get the rebate a couple weeks later.
    After the first 2 calls to rebate status, I contacted Amazon directly and they told me the same thing that they would contact rebatestatus.com and 'expedite' my rebate. Of course nothing ever came of that and since then I've contacted and faxed rebatestatus.com 4 times (same problem with fax not working sometimes). They are definately a scam business. Guess I'll keep on trying and post if I ever receive it.
    I followed the rebate instructions to the letter when I bought my Treo300 this past March. I received the check from Amazon in about 3 weeks after I sent it in with the first bill sometime in April. The rebate from Sprint too much longer and after a couple of phone calls I finally got it sometime in early June.

Just make sure you follow all the rebate conditions and be patient.

Originally posted by Dizzy
    I always send all my rebates to them using Certified Return Receipt mail.

So far, over 20 rebates received within 1-2 months without any problems. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

This was a trick I learn from someone who used to work at a rebate center. They give priority to those who mail in rebates using certified mail because there is now PROOF that they received it...AND someone has to sign for it.

Try it, it has worked for me so far.

Dizzy

i DO THE EXACT SAME THING, NO DOUBT DOING THIS IS KEY, KEY, KEY !!!
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).

After the first 2 calls to rebate status, I contacted Amazon directly and they told me the same thing that they would contact rebatestatus.com and 'expedite' my rebate. Of course nothing ever came of that and since then I've contacted and faxed rebatestatus.com 4 times (same problem with fax not working sometimes). They are definately a scam business. Guess I'll keep on trying and post if I ever receive it.
    I would continue to try the Amazon angle, including threatening to report them to Attorney General and/or Better Business Bureau. You may also consider carrying out your threat (my State's Attorney General's Office has a web site where consumers can report fraud and scams).

P.S. a month or so ago, there was an article in the NY Times about all the rebate scams. It's basic advise was to be persistent (and in the case of a $150 rebate, its easy to be persistent). Although it also said that being persistent does not guarantee you'll ever get your rebate. It also advised that when decided to purchase a product, don't buy it unless it is worth it WITHOUT the rebate.
    Last edited by gusher1; 07/03/2003 at 11:03 AM.
    Originally posted by norpah
    I followed the rebate instructions to the letter when I bought my Treo300 this past March. I received the check from Amazon in about 3 weeks after I sent it in with the first bill sometime in April. The rebate from Sprint too much longer and after a couple of phone calls I finally got it sometime in early June.

Just make sure you follow all the rebate conditions and be patient.

Well this isn't my first rebate. I do follow the instructions and I keep copies of everything filed away. I guess you were lucky in receiving your amazon rebate. I think 8 months waiting for a rebate is patient enough.
    I recently bought a printer through Amazon. It had a $30 rebate, with confusing requirements like the Treo rebate. One of the requirements was to include the UPC code from the box. However, the box had at least 4 different UPC codes. The instructions provided a little picture of the UPC code I was supposed to send. But guess what....NONE of the 4 UPC codes on the box matched that picture. So I sent them all (after making copies, of course). I actually got that rebate in a reasonable amount of time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast