Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. glenng's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #1  
    The wait is over. it is now available. Just purchased cross-grade for $5.95.
  2. #2  
    what is the URL for this product?

    thanks
  3. #3  
  4. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #4  
    Originally posted by glenng
    The wait is over. it is now available. Just purchased cross-grade for $5.95.
    How did you get that price? I'm a Silver Screen user. Am I eligible? Is there a special purchase URL for competitive upgrades?
  5. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #5  
    Originally posted by skidoo


    How did you get that price? I'm a Silver Screen user. Am I eligible? Is there a special purchase URL for competitive upgrades?
    Actually, never mind. It doesn't seem to have NEARLY the features of Silver Screen. Am I missing something?
  6. #6  
    I used silverscreen for almost 2 years. I just switched to a Treo 300 and tried out launcher 3. I have to say that it is WAY better than silverscreen? What features does SS have that you think Launcher doesn't? Not only did it have more features IMO, but it shows more information onscreen then SS, which makes it faster to navigate, and it seems to use less resources than SS thus not bogging down the system.
  7. #7  
    I'll ditto that!
  8. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #8  
    Originally posted by slffl
    I used silverscreen for almost 2 years. I just switched to a Treo 300 and tried out launcher 3. I have to say that it is WAY better than silverscreen? What features does SS have that you think Launcher doesn't? Not only did it have more features IMO, but it shows more information onscreen then SS, which makes it faster to navigate, and it seems to use less resources than SS thus not bogging down the system.
    Launcher 3? What's that? I'm talking about Launcher X (see the above-referenced URL). Where can I check out this Launcher 3?
  9. #9  
    Launcher X is the next version. It looks like they just updated the graphics, but I'm sure it has the same, if not more, functionality of Launcher 3.
  10. #10  
    LauncherX is the newer replacement version to LauncherIII. LIII has been out a long time.
  11. glenng's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #11  
    LauncherIII just absolutely killed SilverScreen in respects of stability and speed. SS had many bugs that were quite annoying, most noticeable when using VFS devices. That's why i like LIII over SS. with Launcher X, I am hoping to expect the same type of stability as LIII, but the userface is updated and skinnable, plus it has direct support for SnapperMail, and many other future features to come like the Homer button.
  12. #12  
    can i make the mail gadget icon launch snappermail- insted of it preparing a file to beam?
    b
    Barrett
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by glenng
    The wait is over. it is now available. Just purchased cross-grade for $5.95.
    How does the program work on the Treo 300? I read your website and don't think I saw Treo mentioned anywhere.
  14. #14  
    Have been a long time launcher III user on several differnet palm units, including my cool Treo 300 now... just tried the Launcher X download and after about 10 minutes went back to the old version... was dissapointed that you now lose screen real-estate... can only show 12 icons on the screen in 4 wide format vs. the 16 that L-III provides... sometimes newer is not better !
  15. #15  
    Have been a long time launcher III user on several differnet palm units, including my cool Treo 300 now... just tried the Launcher X download and after about 10 minutes went back to the old version... was dissapointed that you now lose screen real-estate... can only show 12 icons on the screen in 4 wide format vs. the 16 that L-III provides... sometimes newer is not better !
  16. #16  
    i have been using megalauncher and in general have been quite happy with it. can any of you folks give me a compelling reason to switch to any of the above ones?
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  17. glenng's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #17  
    I used to use Megalauncher, and I expected that this release of LX would have had most of the features ML has, but it didn't. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong, but, this upcoming homer button in LX, seems like same thing as the "Favorites" pop up in ML. I think ML already has the Bells and Whistles that still need to be put in LX, but LX (or LIII for that matter) have a few things that I wish ML could do but doesn't. I liked the Hide Tab function of LIII too much to ever go back to ML. In LX, you could now arrange Icons in what order you want. No more alphabetical. Also, each tab could have different color of App Name.

    But I do miss in LX that LIII had: 2 battery bars- one for %, the other for Voltage. it would also be cool if LX had the ability to have micro icons at the bottom to free up real estate.
  18. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #18  
    Originally posted by glenng
    LauncherIII just absolutely killed SilverScreen in respects of stability and speed. SS had many bugs that were quite annoying, most noticeable when using VFS devices. That's why i like LIII over SS. with Launcher X, I am hoping to expect the same type of stability as LIII, but the userface is updated and skinnable, plus it has direct support for SnapperMail, and many other future features to come like the Homer button.
    I haven't had any stability issues with SS. It looks nice (customizable with many already-available themes and icon packs), and it has several convenience features that I can't find in Launcher X, e.g. "Stroke of Genius," the hot spots, the "Recent Apps/My Picks" button, and the ticker.

    Again, what does Launcher X do that SS doesn't? And what bugs should I be watching out for in SS?
  19. glenng's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
       #19  
    With SS, last time I used, if you use it with a device that supports VFS, it would not remember where an Icon is placed If I pulled the card out. LIII did perfectly. Couple that with the speed issue it had.
  20. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #20  
    Originally posted by glenng
    With SS, last time I used, if you use it with a device that supports VFS, it would not remember where an Icon is placed If I pulled the card out. LIII did perfectly.
    Hmm. I just use a Treo. Whatever.

    Couple that with the speed issue it had.
    Speed issue? The version I have (2.9.1) is at least as fast as Launcher X. Again, am I missing some features in Launcher X??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions