Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I gave up on SS a while ago. If you feel like your missing something, then try it.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by glenng
    I gave up on SS a while ago. If you feel like your missing something, then try it.
    You might give it another shot. I'm a new Treo user, new Palm user, and new Silver Screen user, so I haven't suffered the apparent early-release woes. Again, the version I have is very stable, feature-rich, and a heck of a lot nicer looking than Launcher X.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thanks Skidoo
    You know what I miss? The signal indicator.

Does anyone know of a launcher that supports the Treo signal strength indicator?
    This is the reply I got from Launcher X's support yesterday when I suggested this feature in a future update:

We may consider doing a "Treo" specific skin in future with this in it. I'm a Treo user myself.

BTW - our new Mail Gadget works well with SnapperMail www.snappermail.com if you plan on using it with email

Best regards
    Will
    ___
    Will Lau
    Little Mobile Creations
    http://www.launcherx.com
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    This is the reply I got from Launcher X's support yesterday when I suggested this feature in a future update:

We may consider doing a "Treo" specific skin in future with this in it. I'm a Treo user myself.

BTW - our new Mail Gadget works well with SnapperMail www.snappermail.com if you plan on using it with email

Best regards
    Will
    ___
    Will Lau
    Little Mobile Creations
    http://www.launcherx.com
    I can't get the mail gadget to work with SnapperMail- my treo thinks i want to beam (not email) the file I drag ontop of the icon. Has anyone been succesful in using this feature?
    I have had success using this feature.

In case this is helpfull to anyone, this is from the Launcher X manual:

E-mail. If you are using SnapperMail, you will be able to send applications or databases visible in Launcher X, by dragging them to the E-mail gadget (<--You can do this with OS 3.5). If you tap on that gadget, you’ll be able to send any file located in the RAM or on the card with any application (or library) registered for the _send exchange manager scheme. This feature requires OS 4.0 or newer.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 11/20/2002 at 05:44 PM.
    Originally posted by paulsjmail
    .....or on the card with any application (or library) registered for the _send exchange manager scheme. This feature requires OS 4.0 or newer. [/B]
    and since the Treo communicators only use OS 3.5 ....

--- bry
    ...ignore... sorry.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by paulsjmail
    In case this is helpfull to anyone, this is from the Launcher X manual:

E-mail. If you are using SnapperMail, you will be able to send applications or databases visible in Launcher X, by dragging them to the E-mail gadget (<--You can do this with OS 3.5). If you tap on that gadget, you’ll be able to send any file located in the RAM or on the card with any application (or library) registered for the _send exchange manager scheme. This feature requires OS 4.0 or newer.
    Millerhifi, why do you need 4.0 to send files from RAM? Could there be a future "work around" for the Treo 300 or is this a limitation us 3.5.2 people are going to have to live with forever?

--Dave
    On a side note will there be a Palm OS 4.0 or greater upgrade for the Treo 300?

Thomas
    I've started using Zlauncher and have had VERY good results. I think it's the only launcher program I tried where the job dial worked correctly. (or at least the way I thought it should work

With Zlauncher the job dial moves the selection of the application. So I can execute a new program without having to touch the screen.

Check it out

Rich
    Originally posted by richlee91
    I've started using Zlauncher and have had VERY good results. I think it's the only launcher program I tried where the job dial worked correctly. (or at least the way I thought it should work

With Zlauncher the job dial moves the selection of the application. So I can execute a new program without having to touch the screen.

Check it out

Rich
    I've been searching for a launcher that does exactly that!!
    So this launcher allows you to scroll through each app with the jog dial and than push in on the jog dial to select the app?
    Gee what a concept!!!
    Why didn't HS do this with the 180, 270 and 300 like they did with the 90 Only makes sense.
    Doesn't work with SS and I hoped it would have with LauncherX but no luck! I just paid for LauncherX. I really like it over SS, much more responsive except for the lack of this feature. Oh well now I'll have 3 launchers to choose from!
  14. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Doesn't work with SS and I hoped it would have with LauncherX but no luck! I just paid for LauncherX. I really like it over SS, much more responsive except for the lack of this feature.
    Email them (Little Mobile) about it. With all the people waiting for the release, I can't imagine that they wouldn't plan for an update or two...
    I did
    There is a new version release of Launcher X.
    Version 1.01
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I installed Launcher X and used it for a while,did not care for it a lot.After deleting I have an annoying app I cannot get rid of.Basically whe I am in the phone mode and press Blue and Home to go the App menu, I get there but is one shows battery le el at the bottom. I ave to press the application Icon to exit this one and get to traditional Home.Does anyone HOW to get rid of this.
    If from the standard launcher, you select delete from the drop down menu, is there an app call LXBrowser? If so delete it and see if that solves your problem.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I deleted all the LX related apps that I could find but still have the issue.I do mot want to do a Hard Reset as I do not want screw up my Sprint settings
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    There is a new version release of Launcher X.
    Version 1.01
    Just noticed there is 1.0.2!

--Dave
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast