Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A little birdy told me Launcher X will be released tomorrow (November 19). Current registered users will be able to upgrade for $5.95 thru November 30. Cost to upgrade will be slighty more after 11/30.

Finally.. been waiting so long
    Last edited by speedlab; 11/18/2002 at 05:40 PM.
    Originally posted by speedlab
    A little birdy told me Launcher X will be released tomorrow (November 19). Current registered users will be able to upgrade for $5.95 thru November 30. Cost to upgrade will be slighty more after 11/30.

Finally.. been waiting so long
    What's the full version price supposed to be?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #3  
    Not sure, can't be more then $15-20 though.
    As soon as I get the email I'm *assuming* we are supposed to get as LIII users and signing up on the site, I'll give hime the $$$

$5-6 is sweet for the new features.
    Wow, it's out! Downloading it now!
    I just downloaded it. It is nice, and I like the way you can get detailed information about what is installed and its attributes. However; I think I still prefer Silver, since this has a ticker at the bottom of the screen that lists my appointments.
    Bob
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    It sure would be nice if LauncherX had the option of displaying the wireless signal strength indicator in the gauge area.
    What's the full version price supposed to be?
    From the Email I received to promote Launcher X:

Standard Launcher X pricing is $24.95, as a registered Launcher III customer you may cross-grade to Launcher X for a HUGE discount:
    It's only $5.95, valid until November 30th.
    During the month of December the price will be $7.95 and then $9.95 thereafter.
    I downloaded it (I'm an happy Laucher III user) and was impressed with my quick preview.
    Let's use it for a couple of day... and see what it worth for real!
    The installation guide says that it requires Palm OS 3.5 or higher. Does that mean the Visor Deluxe owners are left behind? Can it work with Palm OS 3.1 or will it just result in 3 hours of deleting and frustration going back to Launcher III?
    Hey,

It only works for 3.5 and up...buy a neo an edge or a prism...
    Cheers
  11.    #11  
    I installed launcher X last nite... I like it ! especially the file browser. snappermail integration seems pretty neat, but I have a treo 90 and no gprs capabilities so not a really relevant to me.

New Icons and design are nice, and it'll be interesting to see what new skins become available! (Active Skins) Assuming there will be new "official" skins that we can download for free in the near future.

As far as signal strength you can always email them suggestions, maybe it will appear in future updates.

One downside is that I find the Auto Refresh seems to take a little longer then LauncherIII, so I put it on Manual.
    Launcher X looks nice -- works good -- couple of concerns / questions:

1. Does anyone know of any skins available now?

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to make Launcher X your default (open on powerup) browser like Launcher III -- am I missing something (user error).

dave
    1. Does anyone know of any skins available now?

Unfortunately there are no skins for low res users right now (makes me feel like such a has been with my Prism). If anyone has a high res sony device, there are some skins at luback's website .
    I also hope that someone will come out with more icons soon, since the ones provided by LX are limited.

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to make Launcher X your default (open on powerup) browser like Launcher III -- am I missing something (user error).

If you have LIII selected as your default launcher, then simply uncheck that preference. After that LX will automatically set itself as the default launcher next time it is opened. To exit launcher X as the default launcher, open LX options and select 'exit LX'. This will take you back to the original palm launcher.
    Originally posted by mgflorez
    The installation guide says that it requires Palm OS 3.5 or higher. Does that mean the Visor Deluxe owners are left behind? Can it work with Palm OS 3.1 or will it just result in 3 hours of deleting and frustration going back to Launcher III?
    You'll just get a friendly little error box saying it only works with Palm OS 3.5 or higher, with an OK button. No lockup, at least on the POSE with my Deluxe's ROM. Tap OK, then go ahead and delete LauncherX, then go right back to using Launcher III.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I've noticed with LX that you have access to what looks like the same data as you see with FileZ for manipulating files. Can I get rid of FileZ now?
    I did. Actually, I kept a copy of it on my SD card just in case. It looks like LX does the same stuff, though. I also deleted GentleMan because it appears LX can do batch file move/copy/delete operations too.
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Is there way that LX can just import / use the categories already setup in the standard launcher? That's why I dont like SS... It's a pain to re-do the categories of 50 apps...

Hitman
    No, you'll have to re-do your categories. It is a bit of a pain.
    -Shrek
    Let me be the first to say that this upgrade isn't really worth all the wait and hype. I'm glad I only had to pay $6 for it.

It's slow on my Treo 270 (even with auto refresh turned off) and the bells and whistles just take up valuable screen space.

Sure, it's prettier, but it doesn't have any revolutionary new features, IMHO.

And I don't like having to jump through hoops to reorder the tabs. It used to be easy and obvious-- grab a tab and move it.
    I probably wouldn't have paid much more for it myself, as I had Launcher III paid for. But I figured if (when?) I upgrade again, I'd like a launcher that would be OS5-compatible and hi-res-compatible. My only question regarding upgrading is... Tungsten or Clie SJ20? And will my wife go bananas?

You can free up some screen space by tapping the lower right corner, where the diagonal line is. The gadgets will disappear and you'll have more room. When you need a gadget, tap that area again and they'll pop up.

I hadn't noticed the tab movement change. Now that you mention it, it would have been nice to keep it the way it was, but I've had the same tabs in the same place for years and never had to give it much thought. (I had to look to see how you do it with LX, and it is a bit more fiddly.)

Speed-wise, I haven't noticed much difference, but I have a monochrome low-res screen and a 33-MHz processor, so speed isn't an issue for me anyway.

Like I said, I like that I could get rid of a few more programs and still have their functions available. And the extra goodies only cost me a net 4k or so of memory.
    -Shrek
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast