Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
    Hey,

    You can get rid of filez if you don't use the batch backup and copy protect options. That is pretty much all I use filez for.
    If anyone can help, I get an icon error when I run launcher x on my prism. Anyone else have that problem?
    Cheers
  2. #22  
    I think I've discovered a fairly large bug with Launcher X. I've got the Micro Innovations Wireless Link Keyboard by pocketop Computer (v. 1.0 palm software).

    Whenever I enable the keyboard, if I choose to go back to LauncherX all I get is a blank screen which leads to having to do a soft reset. I've replicated this a bunch of times.

    Anyone else seeing this? Anyone heard of any workarounds except having to avoid going to LauncherX when working with the keyboard?
    thanks
  3. johnkes's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #23  
    LX runs fine on my Prism. It is a bit slower than LIII. I had to switch to small fonts to fit 12 icons onto 1 screen. Kind of a pain. I hope better skins come out. I switched back to LIII.

    Bejeweled seems to run slower. Not sure if it is because of LX.
  4. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #24  
    I've had something weird happen. I told it to hide 3 tabs and when I want to show them, it asks for a password. I've tried the one I used for Launcher III, even though I deleted LIII before loading LX. And there's no password in the Palm OS Security program.

    Any thoughts?
  5. #25  
    Under options/edit category list does it show a password assigned?
  6. #26  
    If anyone can help, I get an icon error when I run launcher x on my prism. Anyone else have that problem?


    Visorprismman,did you figure out the problem yet?
    I got the same error once. I had been using launcher X for a couple of days, and noticed a corrupt file for iSilo 2.58 that I had stored in PowerRun. I deleted the file through PowerRun and reinstalled iSilo. After that I got an icon error everytime I would try to run Launcher X. The only way to get rid of the problem was to restore my Prism without LX and get rid of iSilo.
    Launcher X runs without a problem now, so I assume that iSilo 2.58 was the culprit. I also have iSilo 3.2, and it gets along with LX just fine.
    Don't know if that helps. Good Luck!
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by gooselab
    If anyone can help, I get an icon error when I run launcher x on my prism. Anyone else have that problem?


    Visorprismman,did you figure out the problem yet?
    I got the same error once. I had been using launcher X for a couple of days, and noticed a corrupt file for iSilo 2.58 that I had stored in PowerRun. I deleted the file through PowerRun and reinstalled iSilo. After that I got an icon error everytime I would try to run Launcher X. The only way to get rid of the problem was to restore my Prism without LX and get rid of iSilo.
    Launcher X runs without a problem now, so I assume that iSilo 2.58 was the culprit. I also have iSilo 3.2, and it gets along with LX just fine.
    Don't know if that helps. Good Luck!
    I do have Isilo 2.58 that is what is causing it. I am using mega launcher and I kinda like it the best. Silverscreen sucks for handspring users. Try and beam something off a springboard module. I get an error everytime. I'll try using a newer version of isilo and see if that helps.
    Cheers
  8. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #28  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Under options/edit category list does it show a password assigned?
    Yes.
  9. #29  
    Well it seems that you assigned a password without remembering then. It dies not assign a password by default. The Hide tab feature gives people a false sense of security. To by oass the feature, all you need to do is go to the Palm OS default Launcher.

    Originally posted by Q


    Yes.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  10. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #30  
    I installed it and it worked fine for a few days on my Treo 300. Then, it started to act weird. It would launch different programs when I tapped an icon. For instance, I would tap Inbox-to-go and the Palm preference program would run. It did this with different icons (but not all icons) and it didn't always open the same incorrect program. It particularly like to open HandyShopper. I un-installed it and then reinstalled it. Again, it worked fine for a few days, but the strange behavior then returned. I finally deleted it for good. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
    Jeff
  11. #31  
    Originally posted by jglev
    I installed it and it worked fine for a few days on my Treo 300. Then, it started to act weird. It would launch different programs when I tapped an icon. For instance, I would tap Inbox-to-go and the Palm preference program would run. It did this with different icons (but not all icons) and it didn't always open the same incorrect program. It particularly like to open HandyShopper. I un-installed it and then reinstalled it. Again, it worked fine for a few days, but the strange behavior then returned. I finally deleted it for good. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
    I've seen several reports of it. In each case so far, it's been because they were using a cracked version with a keygen. If this isn't the case with you, I'm sure that Benc will gladly look into it for you.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  12. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #32  
    Originally posted by Toby

    I've seen several reports of it. In each case so far, it's been because they were using a cracked version with a keygen. If this isn't the case with you, I'm sure that Benc will gladly look into it for you.
    It's the demo version.
    Jeff
  13. #33  
    Originally posted by jglev
    It's the demo version.
    Then you may want to email the author. I'm sure he'd be willing to help someone if it meant they would register the program.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  14. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #34  
    Originally posted by yardie
    Well it seems that you assigned a password without remembering then. It dies not assign a password by default. The Hide tab feature gives people a false sense of security. To by oass the feature, all you need to do is go to the Palm OS default Launcher.
    Uninstalling, reinstalling, and setting a new (known!) password did it.
  15. #35  
    Originally posted by Q


    Uninstalling, reinstalling, and setting a new (known!) password did it.
    I did uninstall, reinstall and use a new (known!) password....it works for 2 days, then the icon pointing to the wrong application happens again.
  16. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #36  
    Originally posted by Toby

    Then you may want to email the author. I'm sure he'd be willing to help someone if it meant they would register the program.
    Didn't have to. By the time I got around to doing it, they upgraded the software. The new version works perfectly and I have since registered it.
    Jeff
  17. razorpit's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #37  
    Does anyone know if the people at LauncherX plan on introducing a trash bin into the gadjet bar like Silver Screen has? My choice for a new launcher has come down to these two and this feature is the tie-breaker.

    --Dave
  18. #38  
    Huh ?
    There is one, just drag and drop....
  19. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #39  
    The trash can has always been there... Launcher III had it too.
  20. razorpit's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #40  
    Originally posted by larryk
    Huh ?
    There is one, just drag and drop....
    Correct me if I'm worng but the trash bin immediately deletes the application. I am looking for a recycle bin similar to Windows which I can un-delete the data if I want to. From what I've experienced LauncherX doesn't do that, unless I'm missing something. Sorry for the weak post above.

    --Dave
    Last edited by razorpit; 12/09/2002 at 12:13 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions